Chapter 8

Kaydence

"Set her on the couch. Grayson run an get damp towels" I heard a lady's voice. "Grayson go" she began to shout. I felt myself be placed on a soft cushion. I soon felt a whole bunch of water fall on my face. "Grayson I said damp not soaking" I heard. I began to blink my eyes open moving the person hand off of my head. "Josh" I called. "Kaydence" I heard a boys voice. I opened my eyes as they helped me sit up. I smiled until my eyes landed on who it was. Ethan. "Where's Josh" I asked. He looked at his mom then me. "Kaydence Josh- Josh killed him self" he said. That's when it all hit me that it wasn't a dream. I chocked back my tears an looked over to Grayson. "I have to go" I said standing up. I got up to fast feeling light headed As Ethan caught me. "Kaydence honey you need to rest" Mrs Dolan said. Only if she Knew what her sons did to me. "No I want to leave I don't wanna be here" I began to freak out. I pushed Ethan off of me. "GET AWAY FROM ME GET ME OUT OF HERE" I screamed. "Kaydence" Ethan said. "NO DONT TOUCH ME" I screamed at him. "Everybody get out" Mrs Dolan said. They didn't move. "Now" she demanded an they did slowly. "Honey I know I know you need to rest you went through a tragic event" she said. I began to cry as she hugged me. "Mrs Dolan I'm scared" I whispered. "I know you are honey. What you just witnessed was so tragic I know" she stroked my hair. "I'm not scared of that" I said. She pulled back a little still stroking my hair. "I'm scared of Ethan and Grayson" I chocked out. She dropped her hand an looked at me confused. "Your uh what" she asked confused. "Can I have some water" I asked. She nodded an got up looking at me confused still. As she walked out of the room I gathered all my things. "Where are you going" I heard making me drop my things. I turned around to see Ethan upset. I ignored him an picked my things up again. "Kaydence I'm really sorry about-" he said coming to me. "Don't" I said. "Kay-" "friend" I laughed. He looked confused. I laughed even more sitting down on the couch again. "When you called the cops you said my friend just shot himself" I said. He sat next to me. "I didn't know what to say" he said. "He was my friend" I said pointing at me. "I know-" I starred into space. "My best friend. My only friend because you. You an your ass whole of a brother ruined my life and don't don't apologize to me because I will never forgive you" I stood up an turned towards him as he had tears ready to fall. Mrs.Dolan walked in an I thought it was the perfect time.
"March 14" I said wondering if he would remember. "Kaydence here's your water" Mrs Dolan said. I ignored her just starring at Ethan as he remembered snapping his head up fast scared of what his mom was going to hear. "March 14 the day you set up that camera in your room without me knowing right" I said. Before he could say something I kept going. "We were being idiots by stealing your parents wine an drinking it remember" I lightly laughed. "Kay-" I closed my eyes. "An then you told me you loved me out of no where. I didn't know what to do so I kissed you remember an an you kissed me back an then things went to far" I laughed opening my eyes. "Kaydence that was three years ago" he said. Mrs Dolan had no idea what to do, she was just standing there shocked. "Three years ago Ethan. DO YOU KNOW WHATS HAPPENED IN THOSE THREE YEARS" I shouted. "Ok I think Ethan you should leave kaydence alone to rest" Mrs Dolan said. He stood up. "I did drugs" he stopped an looked up at me. "That's why for a month of sophomore year I wasn't there . But I didn't do the drugs because of you or because of the bullying" I looked down. "I did them because, because" i couldn't speak it out without wanting to cry. "Kaydence you don't have to tell me" he said. "I do. I do so you know what you put me through Ethan. My parents an my brother are dead. They died that year in a car accident, I was to depressed to go with them on a stupid camping trip a stupid trip that I should of went On an the last thing they told me is how upset they were that I wasn't the same an how I was a terrible daughter an how to my brother I was the worst person alive" I cried. "I thought the drugs would help me with my depression or maybe, kill me" I said. I looked over at Mrs Dolan who was covering her mouth as she tried not to cry. Her an my parents were close friends until I stopped talking to Ethan an Grayson. She would of never known about there death until now.
"My aunt though. Came here to take care of me she came with my little cousin Madeline, you met her once" I looked back at him. "She died 7 months after them being here from cancer. There was nothing to do to save her. So three years Ethan, three years half my family died, I did drugs, I've been bullied, abused, I've cut I've tried to commit suicide. And out of all of that I had Josh by my side helping me" I began to cry as I looked through the window behind Ethan that showed Josh house. "HE WAS NEVER EVER YOUR FRIEND ETHAN. YOU BEAT HIM UP, YOU EMBARASSED HIM AN MADE HIS LIFE HELL JUST LIKE MINE" I screamed beginning to push him. "AN NOW HES DEAD AN ITS NOT BECAUSE OF ME. It's because of you because you, you are why he told me he didn't want to be my friend anymore you are why I got mad at him an told him I hated him you are why he just killed him self in front of our eyes" we both were crying by now as Mrs Dolan tried to push Ethan out of the room. "So don't tell me your sorry because your sorry won't bring my parents an my brother back it won't bring Josh or Madeline back, you wouldn't of stopped me from taking drugs or cutting, you wouldn't be able to get the bullying to get away so the guilt and the pain you feel right now I hope you feel for the rest of your life because I've been through hell from you an Grayson" I turned towards Mrs Dolan. "So, Mrs Dolan thank you for trying to help me but I don't need help an I'm so sorry that now you know the truth an that these are your kids" I gathered my things as she began to cry shaking her head at Ethan who was standing there with red eyes. "The mistake you made that day in ninth grade was telling me you loved me. An what's funny is its like you tried to make the mistake again that day you took me to the fair. Thank you Mrs Dolan for letting me stay here but I need to go home now" I backed up an headed out there front door leaving them there. "Kaydence, kaydence" I could hear Ethan call. I kept walking to my car as his calls got closer. "Kaydence" I heard one last time as he spun me around. "I LOVE YOU" he shouted. "Me telling you I loved you wasn't a mistake that video getting released was but you have to believe me when I tell you this I didn't set that camera up kaydence I would never do that to you because I love you" he said.
"Then why did you turn against me, if you didn't release the video or set the camera up why did you beat me up everyday of my life" I asked. Dead silence, nothing but birds chirping an the wind blowing by slowly. "Carly" he said. "Wow. Carly that's the only thing you can say is your ex girlfriends name" I was furious. "No no. Listen to me" he said. "I have to go" I said walking off. "Kaydence, Carly was the one who set the camera up, she was also the one who posted it everywhere. She was jealous because a week before that happened I broke up with her. I did everything I could to get the video to disappear an to make sure people would stop bullying you. I never wanted to hurt you Kaydence. I made a deal with her, that if I were to be like everybody else to you she would keep something of mine a secret" he said. "And what was the secret" I asked. "Let's just say You weren't the only one who did drugs" he said. "are you fucking kidding me" I walked up to him. "You ruined my life for over three years to keep the fact that you did drugs a secret" I asked an his face went pale. "ETHAN. CARLY DID DRUGS AN YOU SEE NOTHING HAPPENED TO HER. She was fucking playing you she's been playing you. An you never believed me when I told you that" I shouted. "Kaydence" he said running his hand through his hair. "I'm trying to tell you how sorry I am an I don't want to loose you I'll do anything anything you want me to do so you can forgive me please" he begged. "You wanna do something for me. Then leave me alone an stop trying to talk to me an apologize. Can you just for once try to put your feet in my shoes an realize what I went through an when you do you will realize that the best thing you can do is leave me alone" I backed up as I once again felt my self breaking down. I nodded my head as I wiped under my eyes. "My bestfriend just died an I would just like to go home Ethan I just would like to please go home An be left alone for a long time without any one talking to me an trying to help me, just one day to be alone an help my self please. So the best thing you can do for me right now an for the rest of my life is to leave me alone" those were my final words before I turned around an left him there. I got into my car starting it, before I drove off I looked over at him to see him running his hand through his hair again as he broke down crying. I looked over at Josh's house as I drove off. "Josh is dead" Was all that was in my head.