P h o t o #48 - Chocolate Kiss

Start from the beginning

Finally, my make-uped eyes landed on Elliot, who's hands stood frozen in his dress pant's pockets. His hazel eyes came alive with a heated emotion that had my heart vibrating inside my chest. His hair was nicely combed and a little on the stylishly-messy side, the kind of hair that you had to hold yourself back from running your fingers through its glossy tufts.

I floundered in the spotlight, my mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water. Just as I was about to spew out the first thing that came to mind, some that definitely would've made the situation even worse knowing my awkward tendencies, my gaze landed on the color of Elliot's tie and dress coat handkerchief.

A smile lifted to my lips unconsciously as I scurried towards him, eyes never leaving the deep crimson dye of his suit's accents, "Hey!" I stopped right in front of his chest, inspecting the fabric, never realizing how tense he stood under my observations. After finishing my probing, I looked up and gave him a grin, "We match!"

I then turned towards Jonas, something clicking on my head. I inspected his forest green tie from afar, one the undeniably matched his handkerchief as well, the rich color mirroring the same that accented Kayla's designer dress.

"You finally noticed!" Kayla grinned, her hand patting against Jonas' now knotted tie, courtesy of her own handiwork, "I may have talked them into matching with us."

I took in the sight of the four boys around us, noticing that all of their ebony suits were basically carbon copies, the only thing that set them apart were the scarlet accents Elliot and Cooper wore and the similar viridescent ones that Parker and Jonas sported.

Kayla clicked over to me in her heels, swaying her shapely hips all the way, "And do you wanna know the best part?" I nodded, and she through her hands up, all too happy with herself, "They're Christmas themed!"

The boys paid no mind to Kayla's excitement, their eyes still too busy taken in my appearance. I smiled towards the ecstatic girl in front of me, agreeing with her happily, "You're right, that was a cute idea."

"What can I say?" Kayla threw her hands up and shrugged, puffing air from her nose as she looked quite pleased with herself, "It's my calling."

Finally, I turned back around towards Elliot, addressing his gawking my way with rising of my fingers and the conscious tucking of a few soft strands of my short, curled hair behind my ears, "Does...Does it look strange? It was kind of a last minute decision. Kayla did it for me..." For a moment it was as if our little issue was completely forgotten, so I snatched up the chance to speak to him before it slipped away.

Elliot took a step forward, his gaze tracing where my curls ended along the placid skin of my neck, "No, no...it looks..." He searched me with his earthy eyes, utterly captivated, "Wow."

I laughed bashfully, my cheeks flushing as my hand lifted to my face at his winded expression and how much it related to Kayla's reaction earlier, "Thanks," I smiled at the ground as Kayla pulled me into a side hug, admiring her work atop my head.

"Well?" I asked after I had finally slipped on and gotten used to standing in my wedges as we chatted for a minute or two, complimenting each other while the boys did what boys do - as in the usual playful shoving and retorting - "What are we waiting for?"

Kayla nodded as Elliot grabbed his car keys off of the key wrack close to the front door, putting her hand in mine and pulling me along with a giggle. It seemed the content air surrounding our bodies was having an affect on all of us.

"Oh, I get it," Jonas said at my side, already receiving an unsure look from Kayla's way. I watched as it quickly dissipated once Jonas shot me a lopsided smile, "New do, new attitude, huh?"