Skin

For my skin I do MANY things. I have listed them down below:
1. Make-up remover.
I have 2 recipes for a natural make-up remover and they are:
A. 2 part coconut oil and 1 part olive oil.
B. Take some olive oil and add 3-4 drops of almond oil.
Basically, you can use any cooking oil to remove your makeup...but these to ingredients are the most effective ones.

2. Cleanse.
Well, I always try to use natural cleansers on my face. But I only use that when I don't have any makeup on my face. To make the cleanser you need:
1. 1/2 cup of milk powder
2. 1/2 cup of chickpea flour. You can find this ingredient in any Indian grocery store.(Alternative ingredient: Ground rolled oats)
3. 2 tsp of turmeric
Put all the ingredients in a mason jar and use it as a cleanser!

And when I do have makeup on, I remove my make-up first with my homemade makeup remover. Then I just cleanse my face with my store bought face cleanser, from Himalaya Herbals. And you shouldn't rinse your face with water before you apply face wash. Apply the facewash on your set face, massage and then rinse it out with water.

3. Tone.
4 of my favourite toners are:
A. Ricewater toner. You basically have to boil some rice, let it cool down and then strain the rice. Store the rice water toner in a clean spray bottle. Here you go, your rice water toner is ready!
*** this toner is not suitable for oily skin!!

B. Apple cider vinegar toner. You might already know about this as it is all over the internet. What you have to do is mix one part apple cider vinegar and one part distilled water. Store it in a spray bottle.

C. Rose water toner. What you have to do: boil some rose petals in distilled water. Strain the rose water with a strainer and there you go! Your toner is ready!

D. Green tea toner. Just make some green tea and let it cool down. Then in a spray bottle fill in about 80% green tea and the rest, distilled water.

5.moisturize.
I never did use a store bought moisturizer.
I always used extra virgin olive oil, mixed with 2-3 drops of organic sweet almond oil. I will highly reccomend this! I started getting results like within 2 weeks.. Alhamdulillah!
Be careful! Don't use too much on your skin and you might just and up clogging your pores, leading to skin breakouts.
AND STAY AWAY FROM COCONUT OIL!!
I mean as a moisturizer.. it is BAD as a skin moisturizer, it tends to clog pores very badly!!
I use this moisturizer only at night. Cause you might not just want other people to see your greasy face. In the morning, I just use a BB cream that doesn't contain toxic chemicals. And do you know, you can use bb cream instead of a sunscreen? Well I use the Essence Asian formula. Not only it will protect you from the sun but also works as an excellent make-up base.

6. Exfoliation
To exfoliate my face I use:
A. Oat exfoliation- just mix one tablespoon of milk, one teaspoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of oats. This exfoliates really well and I will not reccomend this for oily skin.

B. Sugar exfoliation:
You need: 1.1 lemon
2. 1 tbs Pure honey
3.1 tbs olive oil
4. 2 tbs of sugar
Mix all the ingredients together and exfoliate!! This recipe is suitable for all skin types andcan be used as a bodyscrub!! ☺☺

7. Face mask
A. The oil face mask-This overnight facepack is very useful. You need:
1 tbs olive oil
3-5 drops of almond oil
1-2 drops of neem oil
1-2 drops of black seed oil
Wash it of with luke warm water followed by a cleanser in the morning.

B. Rice mask.
You need 1 tbs of boiled rice and in tsp of boiled milk. Mix them together and apply it all over the face. Wash it of after 25 minutes.

C. Sandalwood mask.
Mix 3 tsp of sandalwood powder, 1 tbs of distilled water and a pinch of turmeric. Apply all over the face and let it dry. Wash it off with luke warm water.

D. Banana mask
Cut a banana in half and squash it. Add a tsp of honey and apply it all over the face. Then wash it off with luke warm water after 15 minutes.

A. Honey mask
Take 1 tbs of honey and add a tsp of lemon juice. Leave it for 10 mins and wash off with luke warm water.

That's it for the skin. Beauty Secrets for hair, coming soon!

Don't forget to vote for more secrets!!