B&E: Breaking and Entering

I peered over the edge of the roof. We were about to break it. After sleeping in the bar, the bartender more than grateful to serve someone he thought was a chief, we left well rested.

The alley were Erza had disappeared was appearing to be open to the citizens, but to us being on high alert it was heavily guarded. One guard sat in a cafe across the street who kept glancing at the alley. A couple guards down the street would periodically leave their post to walk down road. What seemed like casual walks to patrol the street was really the guarding of that alley in particular. My shadow darkened suddenly. I could detect several other presences nearby.

"I have a clear view from the east end of the street" I heard Cody's voice come up from the shadow. Brad's own shadow linked us from different locations.

"Alls clear for Brad to shadow walk" Tyler added.

"Cool, give me the time to go, and its set" Brad said.

"How do you plan on setting off the magic?" I questioned him.

"Heh, it'll be no problem" was his reply. The guards in the cafe stood up, and left. They walked down the street towards the other guards. A pair of green eyes looked up from a morning paper next to the alley at an ice cream shop. A gleam of mischief shone in them. Alone the green vines that clung to the wall of the shop one moved. It was unseen, and silent like an assassin. It crept towards the guard at the alley. It wrapped around his left boot, completely unnoticed as he stood close to the corner of the wall. The mischievous green eyes ducked back down. The guard swayed in his feet dizzily as the sihirli yinen sucked some of his own magical energy. It slithered away as the man stumbled back. He shook his head wearily. I watched him walk across the street. The green eyes glanced back up again, silently watching the guard make his mistake as he entered one of the cafe's, and went into the back.

"Go, Brad, go" came Tyler's urgent whisper. Brad came up from the ground nearby in between another couple buildings. He stealthily disappeared into the alley. I looked up, and down the streets. The four guards were talking. They looked down the street. They couldn't see Brad in the alley from down the street, but they noticed the one guard gone from his post. One started walking towards the alley.

"Brad, either hurry your ass up, or get out of there" Cody snapped.

"Brad abort" I said. My shadow became lighter, he had severed off his shadow link to us. He put his hands together, and a bluish cloak of magical energy around his hand formed a paw-like form with claws of magical energy. It was surprising to me. 'He can use wolf magic in pure, raw magical energy' I realized. He simply put his hand to one of the puddles, and I could feel the ground quake slightly. The guard coming his way paused. 'Shoot, he sensed Brad's magic power!' I thought in panic. I gripped the stone ledge of the roof, and I ducked below. The stone cracked under pressure.

Like before With Erza the wall of water shot up. It seemed to scar Brad. Down the alley even in daylight it was shady, and unnoticed to the few people that roamed the streets. Hunter walked up the street, walking speedily when he stopped the guard to say something.

Brad's shadow darkened as the water engulfed him. When he was gone, only puddles and his shadow were remaining. I couldn't sigh yet. I crept in the rooftop to the side of the building I hid on. I jumped down into the unguarded alley across from the one Brad had disappeared in. I was joined moments later by Tyler, Hunter, and Cody.

"Now we wait" Cody said. We nodded our heads. Brad had disappeared into the water, but before that he left a trace of his magic by extending his shadow. Once he was somewhere safe wherever it took him he could transport is there with him through his shadow. Infiltration was Brad's thing. We just had to wait because who knew where it would take him. Wherever this secret base was under the city we could only hope it didn't take Brad somewhere surrounded by guards. 'But he's too good to let himself be caught' I reminded myself hopefully. There was no sign of Brad's shadow moving meaning he was busy. He could be in the process of trying to hide, or worse. Suddenly the shadow darted with shocking speed. We were pulled in without warning. An earthy smell mixed with a wet, musty smell. I looked around to find myself with Brad, Cody, Tyler, and Hunter in a small room. There were many crates full of supplies.