The Power of a Wolf Mage

Somewhere miles away near Utaya...

Explosives fired up from transmutation circles. The men standing too close where killed. In the smoke rising up figures moved stealthily as explosives from the Etivoian naval squads coming in dangerously close to the coast of Anova. Only a five man squad stood as a last resort to defend Anor.

......................................................................

It had yet to get dark, and I had started walking around.

“You should just chill out in the trees” Hunter suggested.

“We’re supposed to be patrolling around the border of Anor” I reminded him. He rolled his eyes,

“Nothing’s going to happen” he exaggerated. Still I kept walking through the trees. Even if nothing did happen I didn’t want to be sitting around all day. Above my head in the branches a squirrel jumped from one branch to another towards a crack in the tree’s bark as a hawk flew above nearby. Somewhere in the thick cover of the leaves in the trees a figure suddenly jumped down. I yelped, stumbling backwards, and fell. Hunter fell off the branch laughing. He was holding his stomach as he laughed at me. From above sitting in the branches the rest of them roared with laughter.

“Aw- you idiots” I complained.

“Lighten up Jeremy” Erza retorted. All of the sudden something exploded. Waves of magical power hit us making the branches sway, and break. Tyler and Brad fell from the tree bringing down a pile of leaves with them. Above Erza was laughing at them when there was another explosion. A bright beam of light shot up in the sky, and disappeared. Erza jumped down, and helped the two idiots up.

“What the hell was that?” Tyler asked.

“I told you something could happen, lets go” I snapped at them.

“Did not” Brad muttered under his breath.

“I heard that” I informed him. A papery smell reached my nose, like it was burning.

“Get back!” I ordered. Everyone stopped as a few feet ahead a bright circle appeared. I shielded myself, bracing myself as it exploded sending smoke everywhere. The smoke cleared revealing two people moving by. Tyler whipped out a sword, and hit the ground with it. Magic energy pulsed from the weapon, through the ground, and in front of the intruders. A wall of vines quickly grew up from the ground into the branches in their path. There was a brown haired guy and a red haired guy.

“Look at these brats Enry” said the brown haired man. They withdrew swords strapped to their sides.

“Bunch of squirts they assigned ain’t go‘n to be any trouble Woody” the red haired boy replied. Brad glanced back at us,

“We can take these jokers easily” he muttered.

“Erza, Jeremy you guys take out the one guy to the right. Hunter and Tyler you two back me up” he decided.

“Why do we have to back you up?” Hunter and Tyler whined.

“Cuz I’m the one with the assassin's sword” Brad shot back. Erza aimed the her dagger at the guy to the right while Brad and the other two were charging for the other guy with the brown hair.

“Fire!” Erza said, shooting a lightning bolt at Enry. He dodged with ease, and he laughed wildly as he dashed by with impressive speed.

“You little squirts are garbage” he sneered.

“Dis pence” I said as I braced myself. He dashed by again, holding the sword out to strike when Erza fired a bolt of lightning again. It forced him back a few feet putting a safe distance between us. He looked from me, to Erza and smirked. His eyes narrowed on her. Erza shifted from one foot to the other nervously under his stare.