The Town of Anor

In the middle of the night Brad woke up, offering to stay up on watch for me. I shook my head,

“Nah, I’m not tired” I lied. He went back to sleep without protesting. A few hours after the sun rose the group was up again.

“So what should be do now?” Tyler asked. Brad jumped down from his hammock, bent down, and placed a hand to the ground.

“You feel that?” he asked. We hopped down to the ground, and hurried to where he stood. Both Erza, and Tyler whipped out their weapons, and thrust them into the ground. I watched them curiously, confused on just what was going on. The ground below my feet cracked. Nothing more than a small crack below my feet.

“There’s magic energy in the ground, and lots of it” Erza announced.

“Fire type to be precise” Tyler added.

“How can there be magic energy in the ground?” I asked curiously.

“Some magic energy is natural, and can be absorbed through transmutation circles” Erza informed me.

“Then that means maybe Woody and Enry had some drawn” Hunter said.

“You better find it. If those two set it up, it could be explosives” I urged them. I bent down, my hand to the ground. I couldn’t feel anything. People like Erza and Tyler who use weapon magic, meaning they’re used to drawing transmutation circles to use magic, were more adept to tracking a magical presence or energy source.

The ground below my hand trembled slightly, and a crack split below my hand. Still, I couldn’t determine where it was coming from. I groaned, ‘man I suck’ I thought.

“You have to give off a little magic energy” Erza told me. She held her hand out, and a sort of pink flame in her hand. She pressed it to the ground, and it disappeared.

“If there’s a large source of magic energy nearby you should be able to feel its pulse with your own magic energy” Erza continued.

“Sounds about right, logically” Tyler agreed with her. I stood up, concentrating on using magic energy. A sort of small sphere formed in my hand. The edge was white, but it flowed blue within it. It was pure magic energy in a raw form. The magic energy in my hand wavered, and suddenly surrounded my hand. It took on a form of its own, forming small toes with long claws. For a brief moment I remembered the fight between Enry and I. I remembered the form that I’d taken on. My vision blurred for a moment, and I shook my hand making the energy in my hand disappear.

“Hey Jeremy, get over here we found it!” Erza called. I noticed she had lost the fake voice completely since we all knew she was a girl.

“Right, coming!” I replied. The group had gathered at a single spot. I hurried to them, but found nothing in front of them. I started walking forward,

“What am I supposed to be-” I started to ask when Brad held an arm out keeping me from walking forward. The ground trembled again, and a large circle suddenly appeared. It glowed brightly, and there were strange angular markings drawn it. The markings and the circle began to creep outwards, growing larger, and more cracks split in the ground. It was a massive transmutation, an explosive.

“Sh*t” I mumbled, “How the hell are we going to deal with this?” I asked.

“If we can discharge some of the energy through smaller, separate transmutation circles it might lessen the danger” Tyler suggested.

“Nah, I could disarm this” Brad announced.

“We’ll set up some transmutation circles, if you fail at least you won’t get killed” Erza said. It pulsed again, and began to grow. Steam was starting to rise from the ground. If we didn’t stop this, it would keep growing, and would absorb more natural magic energy. It was a growing bomb to put it simply. In four corners around the circle Erza, and the other two began drawing circles with the same markings, and then began to connect the four corners. In the meantime, Brad was working on disarming a transmutation magic bomb.