Evaluation Day

Erza’s Point of View:

I stood outside the infirmary beside Brad and a very concerned looking Dale.

“I want to know what the hell that was, that magic Jeremy used?” he demanded to know. I glanced at Brad. Jeremy hadn’t wanted Dale to know what it was.

“It’s wolf magic” Brad informed him. He frowned,

“And since when has this begun?” he asked. Brad didn’t respond to this, and I knew why. ‘Jeremy’s inability to control his wolf magic like that had begun on our mission in Anor, and that was awhile back. Telling him now would be admitting to not telling him sooner’ I thought.

“Well Bradley Evans?” he asked with a more stern tone. Brad’s confident posture wavered, but he recomposed himself before Dale could really notice.

“Since our last time we were training” he lied. Dale glared at him, but Brad was putting up a pretty impressive poker face. Despite this Dale was obviously not buying it. He instead turned to me. I stuck a finger nail in my mouth, and bit down on it nervously.

“Erza?” he asked me, demanding an answer. My eyes flickered to Brad who was glaring at me in such a way he was telling me not to give up. My eyes flick back to Dale who was silently demanding an answer.

“I need to know. Wolf magic is risky, it's dangerous. That’s why so few people have wolf magic. Wolf magic itself is almost alive in its own way” he informed us.

“Alive?” I asked him. He nodded his head confirming this.

“And what do you know about wolf magic?” Brad muttered.

“Enough to know it puts Jeremy at risk himself” he snapped at him.

“Er-” Brad gasped, taking a step back away from Dale who was obviously beginning to become irritated with our stubbornness. I hung my head, and sighed.

“It happened on our last mission, and it only happens when he’s in danger or he feels like he is” I finally told him. Dale frowned curiously, his muscles relaxing now that we were answering obediently.

“When he’s in danger?” Dale asked.

“Your right Erza, every time he’s getting his ass totally kicked down into the ground that usually happens” Brad agreed with me. Dale sighed, and shook his head with two fingers at the bridge of his nose. The sound of heavy boots hitting the dirt road, and a horse’s hooves attracted our attention. A tall man on a horse with other men walking beside him was entering the base camp now. There was a sort of authoritative look to the man on the horse. He had dark brown hair that was almost black, and his eyes were green.

“Is that, is that him?” Brad asked. Dale nodded his head,

“Yep, that’s him. That is Sir Vincent, King of Anova” Dale told us. My eyes shifted from him to the king entering the base camp. He hopped off his horse, noticing us and smiled. He motioned to Dale for him to come talk to him. Dale turned to us,

“I must go, but you two promise you’ll watch Jeremy” he told us.

“Yes sir” Brad and I replied. He nodded his head once to us, and hurried away towards King Vincent. Brad’s eyes narrowed,

“Whatcha thinking about, you look irritated with something?” I asked him curiously. Brad pressed his lips together into a thin line,

“I was just thinking about what Dale was saying wolf magic energy almost being alive” he told me.

“You don’t really believe that do you?” I asked him a bit shocked. He shrugged,

“Well it would make sense why Jeremy always loses his cool, and tries to kill us” he reminded me.