The Cat Whisperer

Another quick a/n: Hello everyone! So this is the chapter about my friend Madi. Somethings in this chapter that I put are things she has actually said. Before writing this she told me all about her different illnesses and told me about each one and the struggles they brought her. I just wanted to say thank you to her for helping me with this but also give her credit for the help she's given me. :) Anyways, hope you enjoy chapter 3!
If you were to ask anyone who knew Madi to describe her in three words, they would probably say she's "The Cat Whisperer".  You see, Madi loves cats and cats love her. Cats made Madi feel a lot better, whatever her mood. Madi was part of the support group and was the closest with Hannah. Madi was the first real friend Hannah had. When disaster struck, she was, you guessed it, with cats. She had 3 cats and she kept them all in a good sized room in her house and that's where she was. She was listening to the radio while sitting with her cats when the announcement was made. As soon as she heard it, she grabbed her three cats in her arms and ran to the safest room possible. She comforted her cats and sang to them as the bombs dropped. She sat in the corner of the room, cats in arm, while the ground shook and booms were heard outside. She tried to stay calm on the outside for her cats but on the inside, she felt like nothing was real, like it was a dream. She felt dizzy and was starting having trouble breathing, she was starting to get an anxiety attack. She hadn't taken her Zoloft yet today for her anxiety. And now that she remembered, she hasn't taken any of her meds today. She hadn't taken her meds for her Tourettes, for her Aspergers, or for her OCD. Not many people believed she had Aspergers or OCD because they were stereotyped so often. For example, OCD meant you were a very organized person and very meticulous about stuff but Madi wasn't the most organized person. In fact, it took her 10 times to try and lock a door once. She felt like no one understood what having OCD was really like. But what bothered her the most was when people assumed that just because she had Aspergers, she was automatically mentally stupid. She sat there with her cats singing to them when she started to twitch and would not be able to say anything. That was one of her tics. Her tics were what she hated the most. Sometimes they would be physically painful, sometimes it would just be a twitch. There was one she liked to call "Hollywood Tourettes" which was just where she would cuss but only 10% of people with Tourettes have it. Madi had once said something that had inspired Hannah, "I have Tourettes but Tourettes will never have me.". There Madi sat, twitching, having an anxiety attack. That's when, she started feeling the room get darker and darker. Her dizziness was unbearable. She then passed out onto the floor. Her cats did not leave her side though, they cared too much about her, no matter how many times Madi called them "peasants". About an hour had passed and bombs had finally stopped. Madi finally awoke with her cats on top of her.  The room was barely still there while every other room, no longer existed. Madi stood up and brushed herself off. All she cared about where her cats right then so she did a head count and all three were there. She sighed and looked around to asses the damage. The room barely stood and everything else, ash. She walked outside and everything else was in ruins, except, she saw something down the street where Hannah's house once stood. She ran there and her cats followed behind. When she got there, she realized it was the door to the basement. She walked down the stairs and into the basement, when she got there she found the door to the bunker. She knocked on it and to her surprise it opened. Hannah managed to open the door with the little strength she had left and her eyes lit up when she saw Madi, "Madi!" She yelled and pulled her in for a hug. Then, as if out of nowhere, Alice came up behind and joined the hug, "Madi!" she screamed. "I'm so glad you guys are okay!" Madi whispered but loud enough so her friends could hear. Her cats squeezed through their legs and all sat on the extra bed in the bunker that had not yet been claimed by Alice or Hannah. Hannah invited Madi inside and was about to close the door before she heard something, it was a familiar voice that screeched "Hey! Wait!".