Alice in Wonderland

Quick a/n: Hello everyone! So I just wanted to give a shoutout to my friend Madi! She helped write this and she is awesome! In the next chapter, there will be a character introduced based off of her and you'll love her! She is a big help in this and I just wanted to give her a shoutout! Anyways, hope you enjoy chapter 2! :) -Hannah
CHAPTER 2: Alice in Wonderland
Alice loved heights. Anything far up in the air terrified her yet thrilled her at the same time. Maybe it was the powerful feeling of being able to see everything from afar or maybe it was just the rush of adrenaline she got when she realized that one slip of her foot could kill her within a second. Whatever it was, she craved it. Alice sat on the ledge of a old water tower in the middle of a run down city. No one would notice her sitting there quietly. She could easily jump off and end her life, or she could climb down the ladder to the ground below. It was a feeling of control, and control was not something Alice got a lot; Not with her "disorder." "Disorder." Yeah that's what the "they" called it. "They" being the doctors or anyone else who considered themselves "normal." Since she wasn't one of them she was often put in mental hospitals to watch her sanity. She has Micropsia, which means objects always appear to be smaller than usual...maybe that's why she loved being high up...because everything looked normal. Ironically Micropsia, is nick named "Alice in wonderland syndrome." If she had a dollar for everytime a doctor made a joke about her name being Alice and the disorder she had, she'd be very rich. Maybe rich enough to finally get out of the town she reluctantly called "home". Along with Micropsia is severe depression and what the doctors call "Psychotic." Of course they only call her that behind her back or when they think she's not looking but she catches on to it. Alice thought about her "friends". She had never had friends so she assumed that the group she hangs around with is the closest thing she'll ever get to having friends. This group was a support group made up of four other people with "Special needs." When she was forced to go for the first time she actually had a slight enjoyment of being around others who complained of the "normals." As Alice pondered about her life she suddenly hear a loud siren coming from the inside of the town and red lights flashing everywhere . She jumped to her feet and held on to the railing of the water tower. She watched as people ran inside buildings like they were about to die. Confusion struck her and her mind swarmed with thoughts of what the terror could be. As he stood with her back against the water tower and her arms on the railing she saw planes flying over head. They looked far off so she thought nothing of it but that could just be her disorder. She noticed something drop from the plane and terror spread across her body when she realized what it was. She screamed as the first bomb exploded and watched her town in flames. The water tower shook rapidly and she started climbing as fast as possible down the ladder. As she heard a second loud boom she didn't turn around and just ran. She knew the best thing that she could do is find a underground protection and there was only one place she knew she could go. The sewer. As she ran across the street she found the sewer top and took it off. Panting from the run she jumped into the sewer and put the top on as the 3rd bomb exploded. Her cries filled the dark, rancid tunnel she sat in. Alice shook with fear as she listened to the only home she ever knew explode. She heard a loud clang about 7 yards out and knew it was the water tower she had just sat in and knew she'd be dead if she hadn't made a run for it. And at the moment she wished that she didn't make a run for it. She sat in the dark, crying. She then realized that the sewer wasn't safe for here, but where would she go? That's when she remembered her friend Hannah had a bunker. She knew Hannah through support group and she recalled Hannah saying something about her bunker at her home. She had been to Hannah's house before too, only, Hannah doesn't know it. She had been walking around and saw Hannah inside the house through a window so she knew it was her house. She could go there, hopefully she could make it but she wouldn't care if she didn't. She walked up to the sewer opening and crawled out. Everything was ruined, bodies everywhere, buildings in ashes. This chilled her to the bone but she loved that feeling. She loved that unsafe feeling. She walked through the streets and found her way to Hannah's house. When she got there, there wasn't much left. She hoped Hannah was okay. She went through what was left of the door to the basement. She opened the door and ventured down the stairs. When she got down there she saw the large metal door, the bunker. She went up to the door and knocked on it three times. She heard some noises inside and to her surprise, the door slowly opened. Hannah managed to get the door open and turn the lantern back on. She looked tired and like she had been crying for a long time. As soon as Alice saw her she ran into her arms for a hug. "Alice?" She barely managed to speak, "How did you find where I live? How did you-" "Shh!" Alice shushed her "Be quiet now." After their hug, Hannah lead her inside the bunker and showed her around. Minutes later, sirens rang again, more bombs. Quickly Hannah ran to the door and closed the door. They were safe now.