Manny and His Friends

Another A/N(sorry): Hello everyone! Sorry to bore you with another author note but I just wanted to say that in this chapter, it's going to introduce to you, two characters even though the title is only supposed to be about Manny. I just wanted to say that so no one gets confused. I also wanted to apologize for the long delay on this chapter, I promise it will not happen again! (: Anyways, hope you enjoy chapter 4! 

            "Schizophrenic? Ha yeah right!" "No, they're right, the doctors are right Manny." "Oh yeah? What do you know?" "Calm down, and just accept the fact the doctors are right." "Uh huh, sure. What do they know?" "They're doctors, they're supposed to know!" "Just take the pill! It's already noon and you're supposed to take it in the morning so you slim down to one person!" "Okay fine." Manny looked at pills that he held in his sweaty palm. "Well, here it goes." He tilted his head back and popped the pills in his mouth. Once they were in, he took a sip of his water and swallowed them. Manny didn't like taking the pills because they would make his "friends" go away.

          He had many friends, in his head that is and he would talk for them and act for them, as if he were a puppet on a string with many puppeteers, who usually fought over the string. They kept him company when he was alone but they also brought him grief. He had a love-hate relationship with his "friends" and his pills. The pills usually only took 5-10 minutes before they kicked in and he was able to be his own puppeteer. It could be very empowering for him. Once the pills finally kicked in, Manny went into his living room and sat down. Now that it was just him, he felt lonely so he texted his best friend Shane. "Hey, want to come over?" And send. He called Shane "walker" sometimes because Shane had "Walking Corpse Disorder". This made him actually think he was dead and Manny's favorite show is The Walking Dead so he thought the nickname was perfect. Manny sat on the couch, staring at his phone, awaiting his friends response. Ding! He picked up his phone to see a message from Shane that read "On my way.".

          Manny's mom was gone on a business trip for a month so he could have friends over whenever he wanted. He tapped his foot on the ground and gazed at the roof, letting his thoughts absorb him. "What if one day, we all just, disappeared? Where would we go? Would we all be dead or just invisible to each other?" After about 10 minutes of random thoughts like that, he heard a knock on his door. He got up and walked to the front door of his house. He looked through the peephole and saw Shane, hands jammed in his pockets, waiting while rocking on his heels. Manny opened the door quickly and scared Shane, making him jump back and almost fall. "Manny! Don't scare me like that!" Manny burst out laughing "You should've seen your face!" He said in between laughs. Shane's face burnt up, this was embarrassing for him. "Shut up." He said under his breath but loud enough so Manny could hear. Manny finally calmed himself down and put his hand on Shane's shoulder "Don't get so upset, it was funny!" Shane shot him a chilling look "Whatever." He grumbled, Manny sighed "How about you come inside, my mom is still gone by the way." 

           Shane nodded his head and stepped inside the home. He looked around while slipping his shoes off of his feet, "Where did your mom go again?" Shane looked at Manny who was in the living room sitting on the couch. "She went to Nevada, I think." Manny nodded his head, "Yeah, it was Nevada, I'm sure of it." Manny patted the place next to him on the couch for Shane to sit. Once Shane sat on the couch and was comfortable, Manny reached across him and grabbed the remote for the television that rest on a table next to Shane. "What do you want to watch walker?" He chuckled at himself for the nickname and Shane gave him a death glare, "Don't call me that!". Manny gave him an innocent look, he looked like a child which made Shane soften, "Sorry for yelling, I just don't like to be called that, okay? But about what to watch, I don't really care, it's up to you." Manny smiled and turned on the television. When he turned it on he started channel surfing until he found a channel playing the movie Finding Nemo. "Wanna watch this?" Manny asked, but before Shane could answer, the channel switched to the news. 

        "What the-?" Manny stood up from the couch, "What's going on Manny?" Shane sounded scared. Manny turned the volume up louder so they could hear the lady on the news. "Breaking News! There are nuclear bomb threats being placed on America! The president is working on the issue but everyone needs to get to a bunker or a safe place underground. We will let everyone know when it is safe to come out when we can." Manny was speechless, he looked down at Shane who was still sitting and on the verge of tears. This could not be happening. "M-Manny, are we going to die?" Manny didn't know how to answer him, he wanted to tell him no and that it's going to be okay, but he wasn't sure. Manny sat on the couch next to Shane and looked down at the floor, he felt sick to his stomach. "Get up! Don't sit! Don't be so lazy! Get up, get off of your ass and do something! Look at Shane, he's scared to death. The love of your life is scared and you're just sitting here? That's pathetic Manny." he told himself in his head. He looked at Shane and threw his arms around him and pulled him into a hug, "I'm not going to let anything happen to you Shane, not on my watch. It isn't safe here in this house, but we'll think of somewhere to go before it's no longer safe, okay?" Shane nodded and pulled away from the hug. Shane thought for a moment, then remembered "We could go to Hannah's house! She has a bunker there in her basement!", Manny nodded, "You're a genius Shane!" and with that, they stood and walked out the door.

          As they were walking, sirens started blasting through the city, bombs were coming their way. Shane grabbed Manny by the wrist and they ran into a cement grocery store. "We should be safe in here, at least during the first wave." Shane assured Manny. After twenty minutes of waiting, the first wave was over and they walked out of the grocery store. Everything around them was either ashes or just barley still held together. The shop they were in some how survived. "Okay, let's continue to Hannah's, but we need to run just in case another wave comes." Manny yelled over the sound of sirens. Hand in hand they ran all the way to Hannah's house. When they finally got there, Hannah was letting Madi from their support ground in and closing the door. "Hey! Wait!" Shane screeched. Hannah stopped and opened the door again, "Shane? Manny? Oh my gosh! You guys are okay!" She ran to them and hugged them both before turning around and leading them inside the bunker. Once everyone was inside, she closed the door and locked. They were alone again.