Prologue👍

It was really hard being the only daughter of Maxwell Teaser, my kind, lovely and brave father, the leader of the Scottish Mafia. Not only do I have the opportunity to be forced by my demon of a mother to marry the son of another mafia leader, Alfonso Lopez, who I already didn't have the best of history with but I also had the opportunity to die if I didn't marry him. 

I would have been safer marrying a bear... on fire...that hadn't eaten in months, at least then I'll know I wouldn't be lied to and cheated on. My choices were limited, to keep the peace between us all and our souls in our bodies I had to agree to the wedding. If I allowed a war to start just because I didn't want to marry a man I would never forgive myself.

The risk was too great to take.

Walking down the aisle to marry a total stranger and give him years of my attention was never a plan in my books but I'd be lying if I said I had a plan, to begin with. Alfonso wasn't a total stranger but he wasn't someone I'd be rushing to marry. The cliche thing to say at that moment was'I want to marry for love, not peace' but I didn't have the plan of getting married at all.

All I wanted to do was sit at the curb of a seven eleven drinking a bottle of vodka in a brown bag while killing as many bad people as possible. I wasn't a very strong believer of jail, if you kill someone then it's only fair that you die too, depending on the situation. An eye for an eye, a leg for a leg, a life for a life. My stepmother thought that I was a serial killer playing God but I wasn't - it's only fair or as my father said 'business'.

***

I looked in the mirror at myself with a frown, it wasn't often that I stare at myself but the entire situation just felt worse. I didn't look like me, didn't feel like myself, call it a cliche if you may but I understood the feeling of not being yourself. I really did not expect to get married at the age of twenty-four and surely not a spoiled brat like Alfonso.

I tried to push the mutters of 200 and plus people to the back of my mind and the fact that half the guest that came I only knew by face made me very uncomfortable. Maybe it had something to do with me being in the mafia or the blunt fact that anyone with the slightest blood of Alfonso was a burden to me but I just didn't want to be there.

The smell of the ocean was strong and it slightly burned my eyes like onions or black pepper; the sound that the waves made as they crashed upon the shores mixed with the muttering of the people made me anxious. I wanted to run out of the room and shout for everyone to shut the hell up... but then what kind of a hostess would I be. If those people claim to know me as they say they do they must have known I was a hostile individual.

My makeup was done light with only black eyeliner and a little brown eyeshadow to highlight the beauty of my hazel blue eyes, my plumpish lips were painted with a matte coral nude lipstick and my long curly brown hair was in a messy bun with a few strands falling around my oval shaped face.

The Maggie Sottero dress that my mother almost gave her heart to was like a second skin on me; the sweetheart neckline made my boobs look bigger than they really were, pushing down on my chest with great power. The dress being doused in heavy real diamonds didn't help at all with the suffocating feeling. The dress was sparkled like the stars in the sky until it reached my waist but after that, it was clean and flowing like a misshapen cloud.

The veil upon my head was a diamond-studded Mantilla that, was hand made at one of Alfonso's dealer's house, dragged a foot behind me as it laid flat against my back with its round edges. A beach wedding on the white sand beach in Panama and a honeymoon in Tropical wonderland Bora Bora was a dream wedding for some. I wasn't part of the some, I really just wanted to skip the wedding bullhat and go to Bora Bora, going so far as to volunteer to buy my own ticket.