Chapter 10

After getting let out of detention Will called Ron and got on a bus straight home. Ron offered to give me a ride home, and just me, but I declined. As I waved goodbye to Will and Ron, Warren walked over to me. "My mom said she's on her way over here to pick us up" he said. "You know I could have just called my parents right" I said laughing slightly. "Yeah, but where's the fun in that?" I smiled at him and looked down because of the awkward silence between us. "There she is" he said as he nudged me. I looked up and was surprised to see a woman flying towards us. Honestly I should've known she wouldn't be picking us up in a car, she was literally picking us up. "Hello children" she said as she landed in front of us. "Always with the big entrances huh mom?"
"Oh you know it pumpkin" she said as she squeezed his cheek. I was standing off to the side giggling at Warren's face. Then she turned her head to me "And you are?"
"Oh! Um. I'm Harley Davidson."
"Did you say Davidson" she asked as she smirked at me. "Um. Yeah I d-"
"Leave her alone mom" Warren growled. "If I must" Helen said with I sigh. I was so confused. Warren whispered something to his mom, and then she lifted us up in the air by our hands. I kept my eyes closed the whole time because I don't know about you, but I don't do heights.

When we landed we weren't at a house, but at the Paper Lantern. "Um Warren. What are we doing here?"
"Working" he said in a duh tone. My eyes widened in surprise at the words "So you're saying that I work here?"
"Yep" he said popping the p.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~time skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warren had offered to walk me home again, so of course I accepted. This time we were going a different route so it would take us longer. Things were getting kind of boring, so I asked the first thing that popped into my head. "What do you want to be when you're older?"
"What" he asked surprised. "You heard me. I didn't stutter" I said laughing. He laughed a little with me as we continued walking. "Um. I don't know really. Whatever happens I guess. What about you?"
"Um. I guess I don't really know either. I kind of always just do whatever people want me to do" I said shrugging. "What do you mean" he asked me with scrunched eyebrows. "I mean like how my parents wanted me to go to Sky High. I didn't really want to go in the first place. I was perfectly happy at normal school with my friends. Let me ask you a question. What do you see me as when you look at me" I asked as I pulled us to a stop. "You wanna know what I see" he said as he studied me, taking in my frayed t-shirt and battered shoes. "What" I asked as I tipped my chin back to look at him fully. "I see a beautiful girl with an amazing heart and a corrupted mind."
I felt a look of confusion wash over my face "What do you mean?"
"I mean thoughts and ideas corrupted by broken promises and lies. I see a girl who is constantly battling with her heart because her heart chooses to feel what her mind chooses to ignore" he said as he took a couple steps closer to me, "And I think that's what I like best about you." He wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on top of my head. "Thank you Warren."
"No problem sweetheart."