Chapter 1

RING RING!! RING RING!!
I was woken up by the sound of my alarm clock. Also by my mom, who was practically screaming in my ear, and dad. "Happy Birthday Harley" they yelled into my ear. I know, it sucks having your birthday on the first day of school, but I'm older than everyone in my grade!

"Morning" I said a little groggy "What are you doing in here?"
"We just wanted to be the first ones to wish you happy birthday. Also, you need to hurry up and get ready if you want to go over to Will's house before school" my mom said. At this I quickly jumped out of bed and shoved my parents out of my room. Yeah, it's weird to be excited to go over to your ex-boyfriends house, but he's also one of my best friends. I quickly did my morning routine, threw on a random outfit, and ran out of my room. I grabbed an apple and scurried out of the door before my parents could say anything.

Walking over to Will's house, I started to remember the old times when we were younger.
Flashback
Will was holding my hand as he walked me home. "Goodnight Harley" he said while giving me a quick kiss. "Goodnight William" I giggled as I saw his face because I knew he hated it when I called him that. "That's just not fair. You don't have an embarrassing name for me to call you" he pouted. I just shrugged and turned around to go inside my house when he pulled me back. "Hold on a minute. This is payback for calling me William" he smirked. I looked at him confused as he grabbed my waist and pulled me into him. He kissed me with everything he had and I felt bad because I wasn't giving everything I had. You know how they say in the books of how you feel butterflies and fireworks erupt when you kiss someone love. I didn't feel that with Will. I didn't like the way his cold hands mixed with my cold skin or the way I felt nothing when he kissed me. I pulled away from him and looked into his sad eyes. "I don't feel anything Will" I said as tears started to form in my eyes. He looked like he was going to cry too, so I pulled him into a hug and he hugged me back. We pulled away from each other, finally done crying, when he said "Still bestfriends?"
"Still bestfriends Stronghold" I said with a smile as he returned my smile and walked away.
End of flashback