Chapter 3

Zach and Will started to talk while me and Layla had our own conversation. "So are you excited for power placement" I asked her. "No. Not really. I think dividing people into groups based on their abilities is a little fascist" she said casually. I just laughed slightly, but something suddenly popped up in my mind. I brought Layla's face closer to mine and made our heads go down before asking "Has Will gotten his powers yet?"
She looked at me sadly "No not yet. He's been lying to his parents by making them think he has powers" she said. I just shook my head and sighed, leaning back in my seat. I glanced over and Will and Zach. I overheard just a little of their conversation. "It's awesome man. It's awesome" Zach said as the bus suddenly stopped. "Sorry" Ron shouted. He opened the door for another person and said "That's everyone."
He switched his hat out for a different one, ripped off a piece of cloth that was covering a patch, turned around and said "Next stop, Sky High!"

We had been driving relatively fast and made our way onto a bridge I didn't recognize. I did notice the safety cones and signs covering the place. I got a little worried about where we were going. I knew I wasn't the only one when Layla said "Where are we?"
Seat belts finally crossed over our chests and a metal bar popped out from the seat in front of us. "Hang on back there" Ron yelled. I looked through the front window and saw a sign that sad 'Road Ends'. "What the hell is going on" I yelled as the kids in the bus started to notice the sign. The bus sped up dramatically and Ron drove right off of the rode.
Everyone started to scream as we fell through the sky to the ground. I grabbed Layla's hand so I wouldn't die without saying goodbye. Suddenly wings popped out from both sides of the bus and some rockets started to blow. So, instead of falling down we were now flying up into the clouds. It didn't matter if we weren't falling anymore because everyone was still screaming their hearts out. Ron finally stabled the bus and flew us around Sky High. "Woah" I muttered as Ron flew the bus down to the ground. "Smooth and easy" he said as we landed neither smooth nor easy. "Sorry" Ron shouted as we got out of the bus. I walked out first and had to wait as Ron gave Will a business card. "Who are your friends by the way Will" Ron asked finally noticing me and Layla. "Oh that's Layla Winstead and Harley Davidson" Will said smiling at Ron. Did this kid ever know when to keep his mouth shut. "Harley Davidson! Here take a card too. Anytime you want to talk or are early for the bus or late, just give me a call and I'll be there" he said handing me a card. I muttered a quick "Thanks" to him as I grabbed Layla and Will's arms and quickly walked off.

We walked onto the lawn with the other freshman and stood in awe as we saw all the other kids. We heard a noise, looked up, and saw two girls two girls flying. They landed on the steps and walked inside the school. This place is awesome. All these kids with superpowers and not having to hide them. I looked around with a huge smile on my face as some dude burned this girls butt with his heat vision. She, in return, turned him and his buddy into human ice cubes. I laughed at that and couldn't stop as we kept walking forward. We saw these cheerleaders who looked exactly alike and, when they finished the cheer, they turned out to be the same girl.

Suddenly a blur was going around us, causing us to squish into a bunch so it wouldn't touch us. The blur turned out to be a kid who looked too overweight to have super speed, but who am I to judge. Then, his buddy I'm guessing, stretched off of the steps so that he was standing in front of us. "Freshman! Your attention please" the fat (oops I meant fast) one said. "I'm Lash and this is Speed. And as representatives of the Sky High welcoming committee.." the stretchy one faded off as the other one finished with "We'd be happy to collect that $15 new student fee."
The rubber one stretched his hand out to orange kid and waved his fingers. "There was nothing in the school handbook about a new student fee" orange said.

"Okay guys very funny. I'll take over from here" a girl wearing too much pink said. The troublesome pair walked off just like she said and she stood in front of us. "Hey guys. My names Gwen Grayson, your student body president." Honestly I didn't listen to the rest because I was already so bored just listening to her fake preppy voice. I also saw the way Will was looking at Gwen. I also saw Layla's look of hurt as she looked at Will. I rolled my eyes at him and turned away. I looked over and saw a guy with shoulder length black hair and a single red streak sitting down reading a book. I guess he had felt me staring and looked up at me. I got out of my trance and turned away blushing. I looked at him from the corner of my eye and saw him smirking at me. I looked down at my "Forever" bracelet and fiddled with it until I heard everyone laughing, so I looked up. All I had heard was the word "rules" and I looked over to Layla. "What rules" Will and I asked at the same time. "Weren't you two paying attention" Layla asked as Will and I shook our heads. Our group started walking toward the school I snuck a glance back at Red Streak and saw him sitting there smiling at me. I quickly turned away blushing following Gwen inside the school.