Chapter 4

Gwen had led us to a gym and abandoned us there as we waited for something to happen. I still couldn't get that guy out of my head. He looked like one of my dad's old friends, but I can't remember his name. We walked to the center of the gym when a bright white ball flew over our heads to the podium and turned into a woman. "Good morning. I am principal powers. On behalf of all the faculty and staff welcome to Sky High" she said. Zach being the idiot he was shouted out "Yeah!" Principal powers have him a look and continued with her welcoming speech. "In a few moments you will go through power placement and your own heroic journey will begin" she said while doing a hand motion. "Power Placement" Will asked. "Duh. Didn't your parents tell you anything about this place. Power placement is how they decide where you go" I said annoyed. "The hero track or the loser track" Magenta said. "There's a loser track" Will questioned. "I believe the preferred term is 'Hero Support'" orange kid, who's name tag said Ethan, explained. "For now good deeds and good luck. Your adventure begins now. Comets away" she yelled as she turned into a ball of white light and flew off. When we turned back around there was a guy rising from the center of the ground.

"Listen up! My name is coach Boomer. You may know me as Sonic Boom. You may not. This is how power placement is gonna work. You'll step up here and show me your power, and yes you will do so in front of the entire class. I will then determine where you will be assigned. Hero or sidekick."  I looked over to Will who looked terrified. I could only imagine what his dad would say if he got put into sidekick. I kinda stopped listening put focused again when he used his powers on us to say "ARE WE CLEAR!!"
"Yes Coach Boomer" we all yelled back. He blew his whistle and said "Go time!"
He took off his glasses and looked at Larry. "You. What's your name?"
"Larry."
"Little Larry. Get up here" Coach said as Larry slowly walked up onto the stage. "What's humiliating him in front of everyone going to prove? This is so unfair" Layla said. "If things were to suddenly get fair, I highly doubt it would happen in high school" I said smiling at her. Will nodded his head in agreement and we turned back to Larry. He took off his glasses, put them in his pocket, and started breathing hard. He then turned into some sort of rock monster. We all looked at him in shock. "Car" Boomer said while pressing a button. A car fell from the ceiling and Larry caught it above his head with ease. "Big Larry" Boomer said while pulling out his clipboard "Hero."

"So he's good, but I'm better" Zach said stepping away from the group. "Zach! Get your ass over here right now" I hissed at him. He ignored me and walked up on stage. "Did I say you were next" Boomer said with annoyance. "Names Zach, Coach Boomer. Try not to drop your clipboard" Zach said. He clapped his hands together and spread his arms out. He was just standing there like an idiot when Coach said "Any day now superstar."
"I'm doing it" Zach said confused. "Doing what" Boomer said. "I'm glowing" Zach said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. I face palmed. "Why" I muttered through my hand. "I don't think so" Boomer said while walking around Zach. "Well it's easier to see in a dark room. See, we could turn off these lights and you could cup your hands around your eyes and look real close-" Coach cut him off. "Sidekick."  Zach whispered something to Coach, but he cut him off again with "SIDEKICK!!"  He flew off the stage from the force of his voice.
Ethan's power was turning into a puddle. Sidekick.
A boy with 6 arms. Hero.
A girl who shape shifted into a kickball. Sidekick.
A boy with, thought to be super spit, acid spit. Hero.
A boy who copied appearances changed into Coach Boomer. Hero.
Magenta's power was shape shifting...into a Guinea pig. Sidekick.
It was Layla's turn, but of course she refused to show her powers because she though it was fascist. She became a sidekick. Then it was my turn.

"Name and powers" Coach said to me. "Harley Davidson" I said and counted off my powers on my fingers "I can inflict pain, heal, invincibility, and intangibility" I said. "Four powers" he said impressed. I just shrugged and waited for him to tell me what to do. "Car" he said. The car fell from the ceiling and I made myself invincible. I felt the familiar feeling run through my body that turned me metal and I went straight through the car. I looked over to the Coach and he made a note on his paper. "Next power" he said. I pushed down the invincibility and brought up my intangibility. I walked through the car. He pressed a button and the car went back up. I already knew he wanted me to continue, so I made him feel as if he were on fire. He dropped his clipboard quickly and looked at me and screamed. I stopped, picked up his clipboard, and hit him on the thigh as hard as I could with it. There was already a bruise forming. I smiled to myself and focused on his leg and it healed instantly. "Nice job" he said "Hero."  Then the bell rang. "Alright. We'll pick it back up after lunch. Starting with you" Coach Bummer said to Will. He gulped and we walked out of the gym.