'Feisty. I like it.'

I whistled as Lee pulled off a successful 360 spin.

"You're improving," I said, glancing down at my fingernails, "just." Lee rolled his eyes at my offhanded attitude, obviously thinking his trick deserved more praise than that.

"Like you can do any better, Wilson." he challenged, sticking his lower lip out.

"Oh, but I can do so much better." I retorted, with a hint of playfulness to my voice, as I grabbed my skateboard and lined up at the tip of the ramp. I had been on the receiving end of Lee's daily challenges since we had become best friends - and the fact that he wouldn't stop until he won one of them still confused me to no end.

Before I started the trick (and crushed Lee's chance of winning again), I glanced over at my other best friend, Mason. The way he was frowning at his phone meant he'd probably lost his game of Candy Crush Saga again, and was looking up game cheats on the internet. Safe to say, he wasn't the coolest of guys out there at the moment - but then we can't all be Francisco Lachowski all the time, can we?

Refocusing my attention back on the ramp, I lightly pressed down on the nose of the board and commenced the trick. Swiftly, I grinded from side to side of the ramps, slowly building up momentum to prepare for the twist. As I cut across the middle again, I smirked at the sight of Lee frowning at he sat down a few feet away watching me.

After about 4 crosses, I jumped a little before the edge of the ramp, extending my previously bent legs and twisting skywards - not too hard, but not too gently. A victorious grin grew on my face as I landed pain-free, coming to a controlled stop at the centre.

"Now that was a ten-worthy performance!" I boasted mischievously, watching as Lee muttered curse words under his breath.

"Don't flatter yourself, it's not attractive."

"What if I'm already attractive?" I replied, winking. Lee was such a sore loser. "What did you think, Mase?" I asked Mason, who was currently tapping his phone against the ground like there was a bug he needed to squash on it.

"Yeah, yeah, it was great." he mumbled absentmindedly, giving his phone a dirty look.

"I thought it was pretty mediocre." Lee huffed, wrapping his arms around himself.

"And I'm Miley Cyrus. And we both know that's not true. Anyway, if you excuse me, I'm going to take a rest." I said, weaving in and out of the other skaters already at Ridgeway. "Since, you know, it gets tiring being the best skater here and all." I added, wiggling my eyebrows.

I quickly made my way over to my designated 'seat' - a mound of dried up mud inside the skate park - since we didn't have the luxury of benches. Although we did have personal mounds, since everyone who skated here were regulars.

When I reached my mound, instead of finding a dry mound of quality earth, I found the butts of three pubescent boys (the type who's voice hadn't broken yet so they sounded like a mixture of a treble singer and Fred Figglehorn) - and the rest of their bodies too - sitting and messing about. Something told me these kids weren't regulars.

"Can I help you?" I asked - well, demanded as soon as I reached the boys.

"No. Can I help you?" said the nearest one, who had a face like a chipmunk.

"Nope, but I can help you get out of my seat." I said, my eyes burning a hole from the mound he was sitting on.

"Feisty. I like it." he commented, licking his lips in a poor attempt to be seductive. It looked more like he was trying to eat himself. In a flash, I had grabbed the cuff of the boy's collar and was holding about 3 inches in the air, causing the rest of his friends to abandon him pretty quickly.