05 | coffee

THE DAYS WERE a drag -every day like the one before it, very boring and routinely- until Tuesday. It had started like every other very boring day; I got up, washed up, got dressed and put on my make up. I wore a formal white dress, not caring if it got stained during the day. My hair was a mess, even though I actually did the extra effort to straighten it down, but it ended being still a mess, but a less of one.

Grabbing my dark violet purse, I shoved my phone and keys inside and slung it over my shoulder before I marched out the door, closing it quietly behind me.

I wasn't late, so I took my time descending the stairs and decided it was a good time to get a cup of coffee. But before I could take another step from the second floor down, Harry's door opened and he grinned when he saw me.

He had a white dress shirt on, with the top three buttons undone. His suit jacket topped the outfit off, giving it quite a vibe with the sleeves rolled up to just below his elbows, showcasing his silver wrist watch that I got him for his birthday last year.

He tousled his hair and shut the door to his flat before looking up at me again and joining me to descend the stairs together.

"Good morning, beautiful,"

I made a face at him and sighed. "Beautiful? Please, take a look at my hair before you speak."

As the sun greets us outside, we both get our shades out and slip them on. Harry chuckles, "Alright, you look like you need coffee."

"You're paying, too," I inform him. "And stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?" He furrowed his brows.

"Like you want to bring it up again," I exhale and squint away as we make our way to his bike. "Honestly, Harry, forget what I said that day. I'm not fucking desperate for a lover."

"You made it seem like it," Harry shrugged slowly. "But I'm not bringing it up. Unless you want me to."

"Well, I don't want you to."

"Then I won't."

I took the helmet from him and positioned it on top of my head, nodding a little. "Okay," I said.

"But, I mean, if you ever need to talk, you know I-"

I slap his shoulder, shoving him playfully when he laughs loudly. "Asshole."

•••

I didn't know if it was just me or everyone really had been acting kind of strange at the office, some staring at me a little longer than usual, some even smiling genuinely when they normally didn't give two craps about me.

"Hey, Kade?" I called my colleague in somewhat a whisper so I don't disturb the others working.

"Yeah?" His bright blue eyes looked up at me, his eyebrows raising in question.

"What is up with everyone?" I frowned.

"What?" He asked, confused.

"Well, I don't know..." I bit on my bottom lip to not show my frustration. "Everyone's been staring. I mean, come on, Quinn said hi to me today!"

Kade chuckled and shook his head, returning back to typing away on his keyboard.

"Kade," I gave him a look. "Ignoring me? Wow."

"Not ignoring you!" Kade turned to me, exclaiming loud enough for Hugh to shush him, so he turned down the volume before going on, flinching slightly. "I just don't wanna say something I'm not supposed to."

My eyes widened. "Why? Did something happen?"

"Please don't ask me," Kade rolled his eyes dramatically, shewing me away, muttering under his breath.