Ch. X

{ Michael’s P.O.V }

‘Click, clack, click, clack.’

The sounds echoed through the long white empty hall.

‘Clank, clink, clunk.’

The sounds of harsh metal clanking against one another.

The sounds of people screaming and banging around in their rooms. Nurses rushing by with needles and drugs in their hands as they rushed into each rooms with guards hurrying to follow after them with guns in hands. 

The smell of piss and shit lingered in the air. 

This was my Hell. 

The two guards walked along side of me as my hands were chained to my waist to make sure I did not harm. But even with these chains I could easily kill them. I could easily kill all those around me. I wanted to. I wanted to snap their necks, rip their throats out, drain every drip of blood from their veins. Every day I fight the urge to do so. The only thing keeping me from doing it is that it’s just not time, yet. 

“Alright, Mikey.” I hear, looking to the corner of my eye as Cruz took his keys out and unlocked the cell gate and opened it. Two other men waiting for me. “This is where we leave ya’ for now.” The short man smiled up at me like he normally does, but I never smile back. I’ve known him since the day I came into this place 14 years ago and he always saw me as a friend. 

I didn’t see him as a friend. 

I saw him like I saw everyone else. 

People who looked at me and hated me. Hating the monster that lives within my very soul. Latched onto it and sucking every morsel of emotion out of me until I run dry. 

The men dragged me up to the classroom, where my eyes automatically darted to the seat behind where I normally sat. Seeing it empty, my lips formed a firm line behind the mask, walking back to it and sat down, letting the men cuff me to the desk before going to step out into the hall.

I stared at the door, thinking she would come in late.

When a figure started through the door, I tensed and sat up a little, but it wasn’t her.

Instead Mr. Brown walked in with his wrist bandaged, and everyone in the room fell into silence.

The man winced as he lifted the arm and sat his briefcase down, then looked up at us with that obvious fake smile. “Hello everyone.” He said cheerfully.

“What happened to your wrist?” One questioned.

Mr. Brown’s smile faded and I listened closely. 

“Well...” The man cleared his throat and rubbed his bandaged wound with his good hand. “There was an accident. Miss. Fisher-” I sat up straight. “-Had a meltdown yesterday after class” The man sighed and shook his head. “The poor girl just snapped. Stabbed me” He then faked a smile. “But she’ll be fine.”

I couldn’t help but feel my nails dig into the wooden desk.

“So she’s not coming back?” I hear

“No, she’s not.” The man said as he picked up a marker. “She’ll be gone for a week. After that, I don’t know what will happen to her.” 

I remember yesterday after class he had called her to the side to talk. 

The girl...

Ari. She looked nervous after he called for her. 

I continued to dig my nails into the wood, many ideas flying through my mind where she could be and I then thought of the padded room. After many times of killing nurses and attacking the staff, I had found myself locked in there Stripped completely and locked in complete darkness. With nothing but your mind that taunts you through the silence. 

It was agonizing. 

“Michael?” I quickly looked up at him. “Is everything okay?” I looked down and saw I had left deep claw marks on the desk, shreds of wood dusted on top. I said nothing of course, only looking down at the marks. “You must feel so bad for your friend...” I heard his heavy breathing and the squeaking of his marker on the board as he wrote. I played with the chains quietly, tugging on it quietly every once in a while. “It won’t be long until she’s long gone just like you.” I heard the soft whispers to the left, hearing them talking about me like they knew me. 

Something in side of me shifted. My blood boiling as the man mocked Ari. I ever felt this protective over someone. After all she has done for me I couldn’t help it. The way she agreed to help. Stood up for me. 

I owed her, and I was not going to let this guy get away with it. Because deep down, I knew he was enjoying the thought of her locked away, and he was the reason she stabbed him.  

“I think it would do her some good, though.” The man pushed, sighing heavily as he put the marker down. “Fix that nutter up...” The man muttered under his breath. The others may not have heard it, but I sure as hell did. 

I snapped the chain and broke it, letting it hang from my wrist, moving to grip the metal bar between the desk and chair, and watched as the man have a small grin on his face as he started towards the bookcase. I looked at the door, not seeing the officers before moving to stand, gripping the desk and I lift it up with such ease and swung it hard, sending it towards him.

The man let out a yell as he dodged. The desk slamming hard into the bookcase and send it crashing down onto each other. “Guards!” He shouted over the yells of the others trying to run away, but restrained at their desks. I marched over to him, kicking desks to the side and watched as he started to move away, only to trip over a book and fell hard. 

Tilting my head, I watched him try to scurry away, but with one big step I was over him, reached down and grabbed him by the back of the neck and pulled him up, gripping tightly and listening to his gasps and feeling his nails digging into my fingers to break my grip. 

“Kill...kill...kill...”

The words repeated over and over in my head, taunting me. I gripped his neck tighter, hearing and feeling small cracks through his flesh until sharp pain shot through my chest. I jerked back, looking over and saw the two guards holding their rifles. 

“Drop him now!” One ordered. 

I looked at Mr. Brown, hearing him trying to speak but his words only came out in gasps. I gripped tighter, feeling the warm liquid staining my flesh. 

If only they could get the fact that bullets could not kill me through their minds.

Nothing can kill me.

You can’t kill Evil.

“Michael drop him now!” I looked and saw Doctor Loomis hurrying in. “Drop him.” 

I looked at him, then back at Mr. Brown, debating on my options. 

Kill him now?

Or wait for later?

Two more bullets shot at me, and I threw the man hard against one of the desks. The guards hurried over while a nurse entered and she and  Doctor Loomis hurried to Mr. Brown. The guards quick to put the chains on me and I did not fight back. Allowing them to do what they needed to do all while more guards came in to free the other patients and hurried them out. But my attention went straight to the body on the floor, blood trickling form his forehead caused by the impact against the desk. 

“Get him out of here!” I hear. “Get the doctor!”

My lips formed a firm line, my eyes locked on the body as I was dragged out quickly.