Ch. VIII

I have never been so nervous in my entire life. Sitting here in my room trying to figure out how I was going to break into that room without getting caught. I haven’t actually done anything, yet I felt as if I already have. Almost as if the very thought of breaking into that room was enough to get me into trouble. But I wanted to do it. I wanted to help Michael. I have no true reason as to why, except I wanted someone on my side. Maybe it was because even though I may never get out of here, the sheer thought of helping someone else to get out was enough to push me and to have that small purpose while being in here. 

Rachel didn’t have a fighting chance.

But maybe...just maybe I could help Michael out.

It won’t be easy, I know this much. I have a lot of planning to do, but hopefully at the end of this it will be worth it.

I stared at the open door, seeing patients walking around. It was that time of day where we could walk around and relax. I pushed myself from my bed and stepped out, closing the door behind me and saw guards walking around, nurses hurrying down one hallway with needles-possibly someone having a meltdown. I don’t know why they think those drugs will work. Knocking us out will not solve the problem. We’ll just wake up in the same nightmare.

Letting out a light sigh, I walked the halls. I looked up and saw security cameras pointing down the hallways in various places, guards holding rifles tight in their grip. 

Why Michael thought the security here sucked was beyond me. 

I was careful with my steps, trying to not make a sound as I made my way to the front desk, but stopped short at the locked glass door that allowed me to see out to the front desk. I placed my hands on the glass, and I leaned in a little, seeing the door but no one was coming in or out.

My guess that there was another way in.

Pushing myself from the glass, I turned and continued to walk, eyeing every part of the building as I walked. Every once in a while I could hear echoes of people screaming, sending chills down my spine. If you all thought I was crazy...you have no idea.

I continued to walk, trying to figure out where another entrance into that room could be. 

But it wasn’t until I heard soft moans when I realized I had gone too far from where I was supposed to be. I narrowed my eyes, following the sounds to a classroom and I slowly and quietly opened the door, peaking in and my eyes widened completely at the sight.

There was Miss. Pierce and Mr. Brown. The woman’s legs spread around the man’s waist as her skirt was rolled up and he was screwing her like there was no tomorrow. Mr. Brown must have heard me, because he looked up, as he kissed along Miss. Pierce’s neck. He didn’t seem fazed at all that he had someone watching, only smirking and winked at me. 

Letting out a soft gasp, I quickly jumped back, slamming back into a metal garbage can. The lid slipping off and fell onto the ground with a loud bang. 

Hearing Miss. Pierce’s voice in the room, I ran down the hall fast. 

The entire time my face was bright red and I could hear my heart beating super fast. 

Never in my life have I ever walked in on anyone having sex. Not even my own parents. 

What made it worst that Mr. Brown appeared to have enjoyed the fact that I saw. 

It was disgusting. 

The next day I didn’t even think anymore about needing to come up with a plan to get into that file room. I tried so hard to not think about what I had witnessed and whenever Miss. Pierce came up to me, I had to put on a fake smile and pretend I saw nothing. Even though the therapy session, she reminded me that I would have to go to that class again later.