Chapter 11: Baby Talk

We end up driving for 2 hours. I saw a sign saying 'Welcome to California' so I'm guessing we're back home. We rent out a cheap motel and crash there for the night. I see Jace leave the room so naturally I follow him.

"Jace, is everything okay?" I ask him.

"Yeah. I'm just thinking is all. About life... About our life."

I nod. I understand what he means.

"Jace... do you think we'd ever have normal lives with you know... Kids?" I ask hesitatingly.

His face twisted a bit and I flinched.

"I don't want kids." was all he said. I stood there shocked.

"Why not?" I pushed further.

"Cause it never end well with having a kid." I just stood there not saying anything. Few moments pass and I walk back into the room to where Serenity was.

"He doesn't want kids... I don't know anymore Ren." I say to her and she looks at me with sad eyes.

"It's okay babe."

I lie down and fall asleep.

The next morning I wake up and take a walk outside for fresh air. Everybody was still asleep.

"I know about the baby." said these two men that looked vaguely familiar. "If you want your precious family and your baby to be safe, disband the gang and leave." man number one hissed.

"We won't hesitate to kill either. Don't listen to us and we'll kill your pretty little boyfriend. Got it?"

I nod quickly and leave the area as fast as I can. Who were those men?

"Ari?" I turn around to see Ash.

"Who were those guys?"

"I don't know Ash..."

"I heard what they said... Is it true? Are you really--"

"yes, but jace doesn't know."

"we have to disband." ash said. Not in a question like voice, but said it as a statement.

I nod again. "Okay. It's for the best I think..."

"I think so too."

Now we had to tell the others the plan to disband.