chapter 9: everything is breaking

Chapter 9: everything is breaking

We drove what seems to be for hours. Jace stopped at the park knowing it would calm me down. I cried into his shoulder and would not talk. Not yet.

We sat there forever until I moved away to look at him.

"Jace... What are we going to do? Drake is dead, Dom went crazy and is somewhere in the woods with Drake's body, our home has been ambushed, and everything is breaking. I'm breaking." I ranted to him.

He lifts me head up to look at him. His eyes are full of hurt and he's a bit teary as well.

"We'll get through this... I promise. I will protect you forever and we will find Dom. I swear to you that we will." he kissed me forehead. We stayed a bit longer and then hopped back onto the motorcycle.

We met up with the others at a hotel and checked out our rooms.

"Hey Ari." said Jeremy with a sad smile.

"Hey Jer." I replied with a sad smile of my own.

"We'll find him okay? I hate seeing you like this. I see you as one of my own sisters and I promise to be there for you as a brother." he looked down. " You remind me so much of her.".

I looked at him and gave him a genuine smile to encourage him to continue.

"I had a sister too once. She was kinda like you except taller." he smirked and I grimaced at him. "She was always so happy and knows what's right and wrong. She loved to laugh and smile at everyone. The night our pack was killed, I wasn't quick enough to protect her and she died in front of my eyes." he had tears in his eyes.

"I know what you are going through so I promise that Trey will get what he deserves."

I nod and gave Jeremy a hug.

"Thank you Jeremy. It means a lot to me and I'm sorry for your loss as well." I pull away and he gives me a kiss on the head.

Jeremy leaves the room and I lie on my bed crying until I fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awh, Jeremy is so sweet! Sad face at his back story ):

Comment & vote! <3