Chapter 15

When the coast was clear, Zay and Maya got out of the bushes and made their way inside Topanga's. They took the seat near the back which was away from the crowd that occupied the cafe. Maya still was quiet as she couldn't stop thinking about what she had just heard. It made her happy knowing that Lucas liked her but on the other hand she knew that it meant nothing as her friend was going to get hurt. 

"Maya, you ok. You haven't said anything."

Shaking away this confusion she turned to Zay, "I know technically we both weren't meant to be there but promise you won't tell the others what we just heard."

As the two were talking, Lucas and Farkle entered Topanga's with their empty cups. Farkle had forced Lucas to come inside and give their cups at the counter. Farkle searched around and found Maya and Zay. Without Lucas's knowledge, he navigated him to where the other two were siting and talking. Luacs noticed them and before he could call out to them, Farkle pushed him in the seat behind them. From here they could hear them but not be seen. 

"Ok, but no one is here. Honestly tell me how do you feel about all this?"

Maya stopped before she answered. "Nothing. I just want all this mess to end. What happened on the trip was a silly mistake and it has gone out of hand. Lucas is a great guy and Riley likes him. It is not place for me have any feelings or opinions."

Disappointed spread across Lucas's face. Zay and Farkle also were disappointed. Was their second part of the plan going to backfire. 

"So you are willing to ignore how you feel for the happiness of your friends."

"Yes, she is a great person and I can't hurt her. She believes is being happy, she always puts others first and she is a little crazy but good at heart."

"Maya I love her as well and I want her to be happy but I also want you to be truthful to me. You don't want to talk to anyone about all this but at least trust me and tell me what you truly want."

"Zay you have been great about all this and thank you. But what do you want me to say. Do you want me say that yes deep down what happened at the camp brought back all the feelings that I had been trying to hide. Yes it did. I sometimes wish that I never would have pushed Riley into Lucas's arms on the train the first day we met. The moment I saw him, I got this feelings that I had to hide because I believed that I didn't deserve to be happy but Riley did. I thought that Lucas wouldn't like someone like me when Riley was there."

Maya stopped but Zay encouraged her to go on. 

"The kiss was the best feeling I had and i wish I didn't feel guilty about it and I could share it with my friend, my sister. It sometim s hurts thinking about it but I do like Lucas. I make fun of him so I can mask my feelings for him. I hope that nobody realises that how I truly feel."

"But don't you think Lucas has the right to know. Especially now with everything that has happened. Maya I know you don't want to hurt your friend but I know Lucas, you are hurting everyone by keeping this inside. Take my advise and talk to him. Get to know what he is feeling and then make your descision."

Lucas and Farkle sat where they are were but then Farkle quickly pulled Lucas away. He didn't want Lucas to hear what Zay said next. 

"Maya you know how Lucas truly feels and you are not doing any favours by trying to hide all this situations. Lucas has always liked you and he deserves to have a proper talk about all this. And from what I have heard, I get the feeling that you like him just as much as he likes you."

Maya sat there thinking. Zay was right. She was thinking about keeping her best friend happy, she had forgotten that if she found out later about all this she would be crushed. But she had to talk to Lucas about all this before she went to Riley. She liked Lucas so much and he liked her. She didn't know what to do next but she had to do something.