Chapter 14

"Farkle, why are we here? Why didn't we wait for the others?"

"Lucas, I know you are perfect and all but I know that you are hiding something. And I know that you are a perfect gentleman and wont want anyone to get hurt. So i brought you here so you can tell me what is going on and why are you and Maya acting so weird."

Lucas stopped where he was and looked away. Farkle and him were close friends and he hated lying to him as well as Zay. He knew that both Zay and Farkle wouldn't keep anything from him. "Okay, but you have to promise not to tell anyone. especially Riley."

Farkle nodded as he took a seat. "Something happened at the camp..."

                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maya and Zay were walking into Topanga's when they saw Farkle and Lucas sitting at the corner near the entrance. They were alone and were in deep conversation. Zay pulled Maya into the bushes close to the boys and quickly overed Maya's mouth when she protested.

"Ssshhh... Relax. Today Lucas was acting weird and was distracted most of the day. Farkle has been on his case all day. I just want to see if Lucas will trust him enough to tell him."

"Why, I told him not to speak of it. And if he hasn't told you yet, I don't think he will tell Farkle. Even though they are also friends."

But Maya was surprised when they finally got close enough to them to hear without being seeing. Sure enough, Lucas was telling Farkle about the kiss and the reason that they were acting weird around each other.

"Farkle, I haven't told anyone about this and Maya told me to forget about it," finished Lucas.

"Lucas, I don't know what to think about all this. I thought you liked Riley."

"I did, I do. Honestly can I tell you something?"

"Yeah, sure."

"The first time I met Maya, was on the train. She introduced herself to me and so quickly she was gone. The moment I lay eyes on her, I felt a connection. I felt something but then Riley came. There wasn't another connection with her. Since she and I focused on each other, I forgot about what I felt for Maya."

In the bushes, Maya shifted uncomfortably. It was awkward hiding in the bushes, listening to someone talking about you in that way. Was she that bad that Lucas never even for a second thought about her in that way after meeting Riley.

"And then Riley and I tried the whole dating thing which was a bust. Things totally went haywire when the whole Riley sees me as a brother thing. I don't know but when things just went all pear shaped."

"So, did anything change?" asked Farkle.

"At first it didn't feel like it, but even before I found out that Riley saw me as a brother, things with Maya changed. We had moments in which the feelings that I had originally came back."

"And then..."

"The kiss. I didn't know why it happened or how but it felt right. In that moment that was the best thing. It was with the right person and right moment. I wish that it lasted longer. Yes, it confused Maya and me but you when something is right and you know it, that's what it was like at the moment."

"And has it changed?"

Lucas paused for a little while. Maya's heart also stopped. After hearing Lucas say all that, for a second she had forgotten that all this couldn't happen. Riley was the one that liked Lucas and she was going to be hurt when she found out. She had to put a stop to this. Maya got up where she was now sitting on her knees. Zay tried to pull her back but she shook her head.

"No, I have to stop all this. Lucas doesn't like me, he likes Riley. He just got confused and I'll make him remember that." But before she could get out, Lucas spoke.

"No. As much as if hurts to think that this all will hurt Riley, I have to admit what happened with Maya was amazing. I don't regret kissing her and i wish she knew that. I wanted to kiss her again Farkle. I wanted to pull her in my arms again and tell her that she was the one that he had seen first on the train. She was the one that I wanted to get up and ask out. She was the one that I saw looking at me and she was the one that I smiled at before things started with Riley."

"Yes, he I don't regret what happened with Riley. I like her and she is an amazing person and I was hurt when Maya rejected me and push Riley forward. Then I got to know her and well you know what happened."

"So if you had a chance with Maya..."

"I would take that chance. I like her and she is special to me. I only wish, that she let me tell  her this."

Both Maya and Lucas were deep in thought when Farkle saw Maya and Zay in the bushes. Zay and Farkle exchanged a thumps up indicating the first part of the plan just worked. Lucas without realising had admitted that he liked Maya and was willing to give their relation a go. He didn't regret what happened. Maya wasn't sure how she felt but she knew deep inside that she was happy to know where Lucas stood.