Chapter 12

Maya and Lucas walked in silence as they gathered the stars. As the approached the end of the maze, they bumped into Riley, Farkle and Zay. They also has gathered their stars. Maya noticed Riley eyeing Lucas and her. Becoming conscious of herself Maya pulled Riley to the side.

"Riles, what's wrong? Are you ok?" 

"Yeah, but is there anything that you want to share with me?" Asked Riley.

Maya hesitated, but finally answered, "no why?" 

"Oh no reason. It's only because Lucas and you have been acting weird. I know you guys don't like each other but you both have been quiet and odd lately, especially since this trip." 

"It's nothing. You know you guys should try again with the dating thing. You weren't ready then but I have a feeling that you can make it work this time around."

"Maya that's so random. Where's this coming from?"

"Riles, do you like him or not?"

"I do."

"Then just take a leap of faith and go. I know you guys didn't want to rush and found the whole dating thing weird but sooner or later you will have to either date or forget about it completely and date other people. And I want you to be happy and that's all I ever wanted. You deserve a happy ending and get what you wish for."

"Maya seriously what gotten into up you. Why are you suddenly pushing me to dating Lucas?"

"It's just I don't want him to get ideas of someone else and you getting hurt in the process. You two belong with each other."

"I thought you believed that I saw him as my brother."

"That's a other reason, you just have to take that leap and see what you really feel and not what I think you feel."

Riley couldn't understand why Maya had suddenly changed. She was pushing her to be with Lucas and she wasn't even listening to her. She had set her mind to the idea of Lucas and Riley. With a smile, Riley gave Maya a hug and they joined the others. 

When they joined, Farkle was already piling the stars. "Okay so we don't know how many points are on each stars. We just have to choose 10 stars."

"Let's just choose 2 from each of our own and hope that it calculates to a high enough number for us," suggested Lucas. 

Taking a chance and running out of time, they all quickly picked out 2 stars each. They saw the other teams approaching and quickly made their way to the start point where a table was set up and three judges were siting. They handed them the the stars and made their way to the snacks table. They had now completed the challenge and were now waiting for the results. 

"Hope we did good. It would be nice to beat Smackle." 

             <<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>

Riley, Farkle and Zay smeaked away from Maya and Lucas as they were busy with the other teams. "The weridest thing happened. Maya suggested well forced me to ask Lucas out again and take a leap and everything  before he sets his eyes on someone else."

"She is trying to push him away from herself. Even though she has feelings for him, she is trying to mask it out by having you two go out. She thinks if she sees you two happy, she will stop having this feeling that she has."

"Why does always do this. She puts my feeling before hers. She has always done this."

"Riley she does feel guilty since you and Lucas have been a thing. You are like her sister and you will always come first "

Riley notice Zay just sitting there quietly. "Zay why are you quiet. Do you know something?"

"Why would you say that?"

Riley and Farkle gave him a dark look. "Okay fine, Maya told me everything about the kiss and all. That's why I was against you two listening in on their conversations. Also she told me something else and I didn't want you to know. Maya has always liked Lucas. She told me that since she saw him on the train when you all met. She just never told anyone and she felt bad when you also liked him and so she started to make fun of him to hide her feelings. Man now I feel better."

Riley and Farkle stood there looking at Zay in shock. For so long they thought that they knew Maya but all along she had been hiding her feelings. How she must have been feeling every time Lucas and Riley were together. Why did she sacrifice so much for her friend. Riley couldn't believe that Maya was punishing herSelf and giving up her happiness for her. 

"Guys, this ends here. We have to do something . Come up with a plan and end this. I won't be able to live with myself if I try and fix everything and completely ignore the most important thing. Maya is my friend and also yours. Lucas and Maya make each other happy and we are going to make sure that they see this. As much as it hurts for me to let Lucas go, I can't hold onto him when I'm hurting my friend because she is doing this for me. Whose with me?"