Chapter 7: You Say Lord, I Say Christ

"Shoes," Ellie said. "Can say a lot about the person wearing them."

Her eyes scanned row after row of footwear in front of her, analyzing every last detail while I nodded off at her preaching. She stopped abruptly at a pair of red leather stilettos and slipped them on effortlessly.

"These say, 'I'm flirtatious and ready to have a good time' if you pair them up with the right outfit." Ellie explained matter-of-factly. My head bobbed in response, and a exasperated sigh left my lips. I was starting to wish maybe one of the boys would have come along; Freddie would have came if I asked and so would have Roger, but the whole band was spending their week hard at work writing songs and conjuring up instrumental work to go with it, seeing as though they couldn't really do much else. All of us had taken most of the time to try and figure out how the band had gotten here to begin with and how to get them home, but still to no avail. So the previous week, Queen had gone out to the local instrument shop (hats and scarves covering their faces just in case) and bought some cheap equipment, and now they have everything all tuned up and ready to rock. You have NO idea how desperately I wanted to sit and watch their creative process, but I'd feel intrusive if I did so.

"Hey - are you even listening to me?!" Ellie asked with a few quick snaps to my eyes. I blinked rapidly as she pulled me away from my thoughts.

"Yeah of course I am." I replied sarcastically. Her eyes shot through mine like daggers as a growl escaped her lips.

"Mia, I'm trying to help you get the man of your dreams wrapped around your finger and you're completely ignoring me!" Ellie whined.

I scoffed and plopped myself down on one of the wooden benches provided to put shoes on.

"Well that's very kind of you, but I don't see how-ouch!"

The sharp ends of black heeled shoes met my stomach as Ellie tossed them into my arms.

"Put these on." She ordered.

"But-"

"Put. Them. On."

Her face suggested she was all but kidding, so I took off my red sneakers and socks and replaced them with the stilettos. I looked back up at her for approval, and a satisfied smirk was fixed on her lips.

"Good. Now stand up and move around a little. Get a feel for them." Ellie said.

Doing as she said, I stood up and attempted to take a step. I say "attempted", because my foot almost immediately tripped over the other, causing me to fall flat on my face into a row of boxes.

A groan escaped my lips while I could hear Ellie's muffled laughs from behind me. How suprising she would find me being clumsy amusing.

"Are-are you okay?" She asked between giggles.

I managed to flip myself over and stand up in a spot that didn't have a box or tissue paper covering it, meeting her red, teary face.

"I'm fine." I grumbled.

She continued to chuckle until she could calm herself. The blonde wiped a stray tear from her eye and cleared her throat.

"Good, now grab your shoes and let's get the hell out of here." Ellie said as she threw my socks and shoes at me. Without another word we exited the store, empty handed and bare foot. As we made our way through the parking I looked concerningly at her.

"Do you think we should have said-"

"No. Absolutely not."

                 **Freddie POV**