Chapter 3: Stone Cold Crazy

**Mia POV***

Queen, Ellie, and I had now moved to the living room, where I was sitting between Freddie and Roger. Ellie and John sat by eachother on the loveseat, and Brian took a seat on the recliner. The boys looked upset at what Freddie told us, and it caused a bit of tension between the six of us.
Brian sighed and ran a hand through his long curly hair, looking at Freddie with a disgruntled glare. "We never should have let you leave." Brian grumbled to him, who had his eyes glued to his lap.

I gave Brian a scowl. "It's not his fault," I said, rubbing Freddie's back soothingly. He obviously felt guilty, like he was to blame for getting them in this mess. I quickly changed the subject before anyone else could start pointing fingers. 

"The guy said to 'find yourselves'. What the hell does that mean?" I inquired.
A flash of thoughtfulness flew through Deacy's face. "Maybe we need to find ourselves from this time period?" John suggested. A small smile peaked onto Freddie's lips. "I've always sort of wondered what I would look like in the future." He mused aloud. "Probably still dashing, yeah?" He asked, turning his head towards me. My stomach turned uneasily. "Uh...yeah..." I said, returning a sheepish grin. I hadn't the heart to tell him the truth. Not yet. Ellie shot me a bewildered look but I ignored it.

"The thing is, you guys are scattered across America. You know how hard it'd be to find each of your future selves?" I said. 
The boys nodded their heads simultaneosly in understanding. 
The room grew silent as we all sat deep in thought. Maybe John was right; perhaps we had to go find their future selves. But they'd have to know about Freddie's fate, and that would break their hearts, or alter the future somehow.

An idea then popped into my head. "Maybe the man ment you have to find yourselves as in who you truly are on the inside?" I pondered.
Roger shrugged. "Perhaps. But how are we supposed to do that? I already know who I am."
Roger had a good point. I ran a stressful hand through my dark curls. "I don't know, there's so many possible meanings. But in the meantime, we need to figure out what we're gonna do with you boys." I said, looking to Ellie.

Freddie's face grew a wide grin. "You can do whatever you'd like." He purred with a mischievous glint in his eye. I should have seen that coming. 
My face burned slightly and the boys gave amused chuckles, except for Roger. I noticed an irritated pang shot through his eyes whenever Freddie made flirty remarks to me, and I honestly didn't know what to think of it.

"Well," Ellie began, interrupting all the awkwardness. "They might as well stay here. I'll have my parents wire me a little more cash and we'll buy real beds for them. Not to mention clothes from this decade." She said, glancing at their figure-hugging flared pants and collared shirts. 
Deacy's lips curled downward. "But...I like this style." He mumbled, softly playing with the hem of his long sleeved plaid shirt.

Ellie patted his knee and tried to hold back the smile threatening to spread across her face. 
"It'll be ok, John. You just have to blend in. Wouldn't want people getting suspicious, right?" She soothed. 
He nodded, still a bit upset. 
I smirked at the little scene unfolding in front of me. Knowing Ellie, I wouldn't be suprised if she made some romantic advances on the shy little bassist. Of course she wasn't exactly the committed type, but still.

I stood up from my chair and smoothed out my jeans. "Well if you're going to be staying here a while, we might as well show you where everything is." I said. 
I motioned for the boys to follow me so Ellie and I could give them a quick tour of the house. They already knew where the kitchen and living room were of course, so I pointed out where the bathroom was and showed them where soap and bathroom essentials were.
As we exited and Ellie lead the group downstairs, Roger stopped at one of the doors next to their room. 
"You said this was your room, yeah?" He asked, a slight smirk playing on his face.

I stopped at the top stair and turned around to see that it was in fact, mine. "Yep, that's my room. And the door to the left is Ellie's." I explained.
Roger's smile grew a bit wider. "Can I see it?" He inquired with a pleading look shimmering in his pretty blue eyes.
My cheeks flushed as I remembered all the posters and pictures I had of the foursome scattered across my walls. I walked over to him and lightly grabbed his wrist, pulling him away from my door. "Uh, maybe not just yet. My rooms a bit messy." I lied.

Roger's feet were practically glued to his spot on the floor and when I tried to pull him away with a bit more force, I ended up tipping forward into him.
Almost instinctively he caught me, his face now inches away from mine.
I didn't know what to do; that kind of thing never happens to me, and on the inside my stomach with flipping around with butterflies. Roger's eyes were swimming with a look I couldn't really figure out. It looked inviting, loving almost, but I didn't want to make a fool of myself if I got the wrong idea.
I swiftly pulled away, a warm blush spreading like a wildfire. "Uh, I-I'm sorry.." I mumbled.
He chuckled warmly, showing his wide, toothy smile. "It's no problem at all." Roger replied rather cheekily.

Suddenly a voice rang up the stairs. 
"OI! WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING UP THERE?"
I didn't bother saying anything else to him seeing as though I was too embarrassed and turned towards the staircase. Roger followed suit and we met the others down in the living room once again. Ellie raised an eyebrow at the two of us, but Deacy grabbed her attention before she could ask any questions. 

"Now that we're all here, what do you want to do now? It's only three o'clock, we still got time to burn." Deacy asked her, glancing at the clock on the wall.
Ellie bobbed her blonde head. "True. How 'bout we down town? There's a lot of cool gift shops and stuff, plus most of them are open late on Sundays." She suggested. Her eyes moved to the rest of us seeking a response. "Sounds fun." Brian replied."What do you think, Mia?"

Wait, did she say it was Sunday? 
I sighed, the palm of my hand meeting my forehead abruptly. Tomorrow was an exam day and I couldn't afford to fail.
"I don't think I can go, I totally forgot I have to study." I said with a groan. "You guys go ahead. I'll stick around here." 
Freddie's eyes drooped. "Are you sure, darling?" He asked with a slight frown.
I nodded with a weak smile in return. "I'm sure. But I promise I'll hang out with you guys tomorrow after school, okay?" I said.

The group smiled collectively before waving goodbye and walking out the door. I ran a hand through my tousled dark locks and made my way back into my room where I had my writing desk. 
I had no idea how I was going to focus on my work with so much going on, but studying was sort of therapeutic; it keeps my mind off things and the silence of an empty room is relaxing to me. Out of my checkered backpack I pulled out a dark blue textbook and cracked it open to the chapter we were reviewing in class. 
My head rested in the palm of my hand as I skimmed through each sentence carefully, taking mental notes of the important things I needed to remember.

After about ten minutes of reading through the book, a light knocking sound came from outside my bedroom door. My head tilted in curiousity; there was no way Ellie and the boys were back from strolling around town so quickly. 
I slowly got out of my chair and made my way towards the door. I twisted the door knob and pulled it open to find a familiar face looking back at me. 

 **A/N** Sorry my updates are slow; school and other activites have been taking up my writing time :/ I also apologize for the shortness of this chapter, I promise the next one will be longer. Please let me know what you think! I really appreciate all the lovely comments from you readers :))))))