The House

I am sooo sorry I haven't updated in a long time. I've gotten really busy with summer school tutoring and I was on vacation, and AHHH.

Waking up, Elizabeth took a deep breath and then gasped. She could breathe. Her heart was also beating. She wondered if she could talk. She wasn't going to try at the moment, seeing as it would be odd to talk to herself.

She sat up from the table and pulled the wires from her arm, standing on her feet. Elizabeth went to the door and pulled it open, stepping out of the room.

The doorway led to a corridor that she had not remembered being in before. The room had looked exactly the same, but outside of the room was completely different.

It was almost like she was in an old house. There sounds of screams and groans from all around. Elizabeth thought she could hear something like the sound of a machine.

Elizabeth's hair was still wet for some reason, and her skin was as white as it could get, with blue tinges on her face.

She ran her fingers along the walls as she made her way down the dark corridor. The emotion that should have been fear inside of her was nothing. All she felt was cold, making her shiver. Elizabeth couldn't see very well in the fog, but it was strange that there was fog in this... House, she assumed.

What she thought was a window as she walked by turned out not to be. There a sharp banging noise on it and the window cracked, glass falling everywhere. Elizabeth stared through the fog to see a machine, or a man, or something.

She tried to speak, but nothing happened.

"You're still dead. The dead cannot be completely fixed. Your problem is you can not speak," he spoke oddly.

Elizabeth ran a hand through her hair and stared at the... Thing.

"I am Eziekiel, Dr. Fear's son."

Elizabeth took a step back at that; and ran into the wall behind her.

"You're Elizabeth. May I call you Liz, for short?"

Elizabeth nodded slowly. She really wished she could talk.

"Good. The others call me Ziek."

Elizabeth slowly nodded again and turned around, half speed walking half jogging, towards the other way.

Are my chapters too short? Please let me know and I will try my best to make them longer.