What Is Happening

Cover made by me
How is the story so far?
«»
The place was insane, not at all like a circus. Elizabeth looked back down at her paper and then back up. She was in a place that definitely resembled a circus, but at the same time did not. There were no words to exactly describe it.

It was huge, to be honest. It made Elizabeth feel small. The place was empty, and the people were.... Pale and zombie-like. None of them smiled unless they were laughing eminently. There were girls who's limbs were bent at odd angles, and others with burnt faces. There was nothing alive about this place where she was at.

One thing Elizabeth had to admit to was this: she wasn't alive, either. She had no heartbeat and her hair had not dried at all. It had only hardened. She also noticed how pale her skin had gotten. Actually, it was more blue than pale. She wouldn't be surprised if her eyes started to change colors.

Nobody was looking at her, either. Non one looked at each other, either. None of them really reacted, unless something triggered them. Like, a fly or a little bit of movement.

"Welcome!" A voice called out. Nobody moved. Only Elizabeth did, lifting her head only slightly. "Do not mind them," he said, his eyes locking with hers and staying there. He was pale and quite dead-looking just like everybody else. He also seemed more human than them, too.

Elizabeth opened her mouth to say something, and then closed it. Could she even speak, seeing as she was dead? This man just spoke. But no one else spoke. Her mind was whirling with billions of questions, but she could also think of none to ask.

"You do not need to speak, nor should you, for that matter. Just follow me and we will make sure you belong here even more." His voice was ragged and not as deep as a dead-mans voice would seem to be.

He placed a hand on her wrist, and Elizabeth froze. Not just froze in the 'too shocked to move' kind of way, although it was that at the same time. But literally froze because this mans hands were freezing cold to the touch.

Elizabeth silently followed him when he started to walk away.