Chinese is trying to outclass math

Zav’s POV

I sighed as I looked at the squiggly lines on the whiteboard. Why did we even have to learn Chinese? You’re in math class dumbass. Oh…stupid wolf, being all right. But come on math and Chinese. One just looks fancier than the other, but they’re both just as foreign. I suddenly heard someone voice my thoughts.

“So… do you understand any of this? It all looks like something my 3 year old sister would draw in finger-painting class.” I turned round to face Nate shaking my head sighing, “No idea what is going on.” Nate grinned” But hey we have Tam (Tamara) for that.” “Yeah I wonder when she’ll stop us copying her work.” “Please she knows we’ll just pull off the puppy dog eyes and steal it off her while she distracted by our cuteness anyway.” I agreed and laughed quietly.

But obviously not quietly enough seeing I still got caught out by Mr Green, our math teacher. He was an overweight a**hole. He wore suspenders and ugly ties. Trust me it was not a good look. His fat belly hung out like wet fish. Plus he also always had pit stains. Talk about unhygienic.

“Mr Anderson do you have something you’d like to share with the class” he said glaring at me. Did I mention that I really did not like this man? To add to his charm he also thought that he was better than everyone else. Mr Green was always picking on kids for his fun. Unfortunately he was human so I couldn’t do anything about it.

So I sucked it up my anger, plastered a smile on my face and said “nope not a single thing.” He looked down at me. “Really then why were you laughing?” I paused for a moment putting a perfected look of confusion on my face. “Sorry sir, did you say laughing. Why on earth would I laugh in you delightful class. I have zero time to be goofing off because I need to learn and absorb all this important information you have for us. Laughing me, never.”

I saw Nate next to me putting an elbow on the desk and resting his chin in his hand. He looked like he was thinking but by the subtle movements off his shoulders I knew he was laughing. I myself was struggling to maintain a straight face.

But lucky for me it fooled Mr Green. He groaned and returned back to his desk. Missing out on an opportunity to give a kid detention made him a cranky man. Lucky for us the bell rang saving us from his punishment like extra homework. Shudder.

Chuckling me and Nate wandered down the corridors towards the cafeteria. I had a spring in my step which Nate picked up on. “Hmmm excited to see a certain someone are we” Nate teased. I pushed him away laughing, “course I am.” “Didn’t you see her yesterday?” I rocked back on my heels “maaaaaaaaaaaybe.” Nate smiled. “Eh I won’t judge. I was the same way with my Ash (Ashley) when I first met her” he replied lovingly.

We grabbed our food and planted ourselves at our usual table. Soon the rest of the group arrived. “Nate, Tammy’s being mean to me” I heard Ash call as her and Tamara made their way over to our table. “Am not, I merely stated that your hair would look better in a side braid to the left than to the right” Tamara complained. I knew they were joking around by the grins on Nate and Danny’s faces. If their girls were actually upset their reactions would be very different.

The girls came over to us and plonked themselves down on their mate’s laps, giving them loving kisses. I sighed; I couldn’t wait till the day I got to kiss my beautiful girl.

Speaking of which I suddenly caught scent of my gorgeous mate. My head spun round frantically as I strained to catch sight of her, over the crowd of kids.

And then there she was. She was arm in arm with Zach and Riley laughing slightly, as if she had just been told a good joke a few moments beforehand. Her hair was pulled back today into a high ponytail which gave me a clear look at her face. Which killed me cause she was so damn perfect and mine, yet I can’t have her at this point.