Dramatics and a new chick walking into our yard

Taylia POV

“HE’S MY WHAT?!?!?!?!?” I screamed. “Owwwww hyper sensitive hearing here” Zari complained. “Oh suck it up; you’re not the one who has an ALPLA FOR A FRIGGIN MATE!” I watched Zari cringe in pain from my very load and high pitched voice. Pay back for making me sign up at that school and now having a friggin, stupid, annoying, cute alpha for a mate. As you can see I’m still a little angry, wait did I say cute?

Bloody hell this alpha is messing with my mind. I threw another punch at the punching bag that was hanging in front of me. I can’t believe he’s my mate. I mean I’m human and with my past this isn’t going to go well. I think, oh I don’t know. I screamed in frustration and swung a round house kick at the bag. Snapping it in half… well actually snapping the bag, then the tree in half. Note to self-make sure when attacking a punching bag to keep it swinging in the opposite direction the trunk.

I heard Zari’s laughter coming from behind me. “Oh Taylia at this rate where not going to have any trees left” he said. I mock glared at him, “you live next to a forest. You have plenty of trees.” Zari shook his head at me again and grinned. I loved spending these moments with him. Being an orphan for practically my entire life gave me no sense of a father figure. But Zari came in and changed that. He wasn’t the dad I wanted, but the dad I needed to get through life. He was the one who taught me how to fight and signed me up for karate lessons. He set up a small gym in the basement for me to practice in, and always gave me free acess to his home.

It was always great being able to come here. The orphanage sucked. The warden was horrible, the kids annoying and it really hurt when more and more kids got adopted around you, but you were still there. I know Zari and Amy really want to adopt me but they can’t because of Zari being a vampire. It’s against the law for supernatural creatures to adopt human kids. Cause you know the whole humans can’t know about us thing. I guess there is a positive to Zav being my mate. At least now I can legally know all about Werewolves and Vampires. That is when he works up the courage to tell me I’m his mate.

This trail of thought once again brought me back to my original frame of mind. I HAVE AN ALPHA FOR A MATE!!!!! I groaned. Why me. Why couldn’t I just have a normal… relatively nor… okay a human style… no… uh… oh… a getting to choose who you love not falling straight in love cause of some lovey dovey wolfy magic moon goddess spell matey thingie ma bob. Yeah you can obviously see my viewpoint on the matter at hand. Gah why couldn’t my life be simpler.  

“Taylia chill” Zach said, wandering out of the house. He had a spoon in one hand and a tub of chocolate ice-cream in the other. “Uh Zach why are you eating choc ice-cream” I asked.  You see vampires are naturally running a bit colder than usual, so they don’t really eat things like ice-cream. “Well you see my lovely mate smells exactly like chocolate. So now I’m addicted to the stuff and because we have no chocolate, I’m stealing my mums chocolate ice-cream.” Zach said this smoothly like it made absolute sense. I just nodded and said “Okay then.”

“So T why are you getting so worked up about this whole alpha mate thing” Zach questioned.  “Well It’s all good for you, you’re a vampire so having a mate is easy.  I’m HUMAN! It’s not so normal acceptable” I growled. “It’s just like how is this all going to play out. I’m all for going with the flow and causing mayhem and trouble, but that’s all just for some fun. Also I know what the consequences will be. I don’t like this because I don’t know what’s going to happen. I like to be in control of my life and this whole thing has it spiralling away from my grip.” I sat down on the porch steps with my head in my hand.

I hate this feeling. Of not being in control. It’s hard for me; I’ve always had my head focused and calm. I like to know what’s going to happen and with this it’s so different. I don’t have any control. Zach sat down next to me and rested his arm around my shoulders. “It’ll be all good Taylia. As a wise man once said it is good to have an end to journey; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.” I looked up at Zach and smiled softly. Zach was my best friend and always knew the right thing to say.

Zach suddenly stiffened and looked at the gate. “What is it” I asked. I tilted my head up and saw this new chick enter the yard. She was… interesting. She had short, brown hair; pale skin which seemed to hold a few freckles and blue eyes with hazel in them. She was wearing a leather jacket, studded belt, black ripped skinny jeans and heels with spikes… I think I’m gonna like this girl. She smiled and I noticed the small fangs she bared at me. Ah flecks of hazel and fangs equals werewolf. That’s just great.

“So, interesting convo I managed to overhear. I’m curious what’s a human doing hanging around with vampires and complaining about having an alpha mate. As far as I was aware humans aren’t allowed to know about all things supernatural unless they have a mate. Now I’m pretty sure my brother hasn’t told you anything about us yet so… spill” she spoke with a smirk. “Well, “I said scrambling for an answer; then it clicked in my head with the rest of her sentence, “wait brother?!?” I exclaimed. The chick laughed. “Serenah Anderson, ZAVIER Andersons little sis” she said with a grin. I couldn’t help but through my head back and laugh. “Of all people who could’ve overheard our conversation and walked through the gate it had to be my mates little sister” I said chuckling.

“Of course, now why are you so upset about my brother being your mate?” I rolled my eyes and huffed. “Well I wasn’t exactly planning on having a mate. I mean your brothers cool and cute and well yeah; but I’ve never even been on a date. I haven’t even been kissed. And of course like you just pointed out, I’m not meant to know about any of this” I cried gesturing my arms towards her, Zari and Zach.

Se smiled at me “They say a good love is one that sits you down, gives you a drink of water, and pats you on top of the head. But I say a good love is one that casts you into the wind, sets you ablaze, makes you burn through the skies and ignite the night like a phoenix; the kind that cuts you loose like a wildfire and you can't stop running simply because you keep on burning everything that you touch.” I looked at her as she smiled, then said “what I like looking up quotes on line.” I smiled uncertainly. “Look Taylia, Zav will be that for you. He’s already head over heels and would do anything for you. A mate’s love is precious and special and should be treasured. You will lose yourself in him.” I sighed “but that’s the point, people are always searching for someone to lose themselves in. But I’m already lost; I need someone who I can find myself in.”

Zari suddenly jumped into the conversation. “I swear today is way too damn dramatic, can’t we lighten the mood somehow.” Everyone started to crack up laughing. As we doubled up in laughter I saw an evil humorous glint that I was so familiar with appear in Se’s eyes. “I know that look” Zach declared looking at Se, “that’s a look Taylia gets whenever she’s thinking of something evil which will get me in trouble.” At the exact same moment Se and I shouted “HEY!” I then pushed him off the steps and we laughed as he thumped on the ground.

I looked over at Se. “So what do you have in mind.” Se smiled, “Hmm… well why not make this whole mate thing a lot funnier. Well at least for us” I raised an eyebrow “how?” Se grinned. “Well as you know and I know that you shouldn’t know about this, so Zav of course doesn’t know you know and I know that you know. Therefore we can use it against him. Knowing my brother he’s gonna be nervous as hell to talk to you, let alone tell you you’re his mate and that he’s a werewolf blah blah blah. So we can of course use this to our advantage.”

I looked at her “I’m listening. But one quick question. Why exactly are you helping me somewhat torture your brother.” Se threw back her hair and laughed, “well first off he’s my brother. As a little sister I am obligated to tease, torture and make fun of him as much as possible. It is my duty to pull pranks on him as much as it is to help him pull pranks on others. It is also my duty to help him sneak out at night to meet his friends and now you. Also to lie to our parents and get away with stuff. Anyway back to the point about my evil plan here’s what we do…”

A/N Hey guys I am so happy I have 55 reads already and that is just awesome. I love the feedback so keep giving it. This chappie was a bit more dramatic and sweeter, but trust me there will be more humour coming up. I really wanted to get Se back into the story more because she is an important character in the story. This chapter hopefully showed a bit more into Taylia’s and Zach’s/Zari’s relationship. Hope you guys enjoy :D.

READ
VOTE
COMMENT
FOLLOW

Oh and I GOT CHOCOLATE!!!!! :D

LOVE YOU MINIONS!!!!