Don't mess with the human heart

Hey guys this is my firs try at a proper story on wattpad. So I hope you enjoy.

________________________________________________________________________________

Prologue

The wind whipped past my hair. The leaves stung my face as they lashed at me. But I didn’t care. I continued to run till I reached a clearing. The clearing was huge. It was the size of a football pitch and had a crystal clear lake running the entire length. There were so many different kinds of flowers around. Blue, pink, purple, red, white, the list goes on and on. The grass was so green. The place looked like it had stepped out of a fairy-tale book. It was amazing.

I ran to the middle of the field and spun around, without a care in the world. My blue dress swarmed around me as I twirled. I tilted my head back and let my raven hair enveloped me, as for the first time in 3 years I felt an emotion other than pain. Joy. I almost had forgotten what it was like. I collapsed onto the grass with the world tilting around me and laughed. I wore a look of shock as I laughed for I cannot recall the last time I did laugh so freely, so loudly.

I stood up and began to explore my new hideaway. I couldn’t help my head from constantly turning towards the lake so I decided to go over there. I marvelled over it. The water was crystal clear and so blue. I could see all of the colourful fish swimming around carefree. I loved it. I leant over precariously and stared even harder. Suddenly I was in the lake and sopping wet. I stared up angrily as the misfit who was responsible.

It was a boy. He had blond hair so bright it could be mistaken for white. His pale skin seemed to shimmer in the sunlight. His blue eyes held a glint of mischief and amusement. But I was a child so I didn’t care about his looks though. In my eyes he had to pay. So before he could blink I reached up, grabbed his arm and pulled him in with me. He stared at me in shock.

“What did you do that for!?!” he yelled, but it seemed he was more startled than angry. “Well you started it” I replied.

“Nuh uh”

“Uh huh”

“Nuh uh”

“Uh huh”

“Nuh uh”

“Uh huh”

“Nuh uh”

“Nuh uh”

“Uh huh”

“HA” I called happily. “Hey you tricked me” the boy said. “Yup” I said popping the ‘p’. “Deal with it” I said giggling. He began to laugh and mimic me “deal with it” he repeated in a high pitched girly voice, snapping his fingers. I didn’t like being mocked so I did the only thing I could think off.

I pushed him causing him to flail him arms and fall over. He screamed and created a massive splash to which I laughed loudly. As he rose spluttering he glared at me and muttered “evil.” To which I replied “clumsy.” I pursed my lips and raised an eyebrow, just daring him to reply. He didn’t; clever boy.

I turned away from him and dived into the lake. I swam out further and further, till land was just a speck on the horizon. I screamed when I suddenly felt a hand grab my ankle and pull me under water. I opened my eyes when I felt the soft, sandy bottom of the lake. As my emerald eyes sparkled I stared around me with awe. This palace under the lake was incredible. The land looked like it stretched for miles. The crystal clear water showed the wonders beneath the land. There were so many different types of fish, from bright yellow to a deep black. As well as fish there were a range of plants. Colourful coral and mysterious ferns littered the floor.

I turned round and saw him again. He stood there sheepishly, hands clasped behind him. I wanted to scare him so I glared at him. He seemed upset but started smiling when he saw the quirk playing with the corner off my mouth. Because I knew he figured out my ruse I allowed a full blown smile to grace my lips. My cheeks began to ache as they were unaccustomed to the facial position it was enduring.

We soon pushed off the ground and twirled around each other as we rose for air. We broke the surface and sent ripples in every direction. We swam towards the land and clambered out of the lake. We lay down, our backs to the grass, side by side. Our arms lay by our side and our ankles were crossed. We stared at the sky for hours. Pointing out cloud shapes like birds, cats, cars, dragons and anything else our imagination could come up with. I felt at peace with this strange boy. We questioned each other continuously.

“Favourite colour?” He asked.

“Black, you?” I replied.

“Red. Favourite animal?”

“Wolf. You?”

“Tiger.”

We continued on for hours. The questions were pointless to others, but meant so much to us. “How old are you?” he questioned finally. “I’m 10, what about you?” “I’m the same age. We’ll at least that’s how old I should be” he replied. I turned to him puzzled, “what do you mean, should be.”

He rolled over to his side, and I mimicked him. We were now face to face, so I stared curiously at his blue eyes, flecked with red. “Why do your eyes have red in them?” I asked. “You’re so curious, why?” he questioned me. “I don’t know. I just feel comfortable I with you. Is it strange? I’m never comfortable. I don’t like people much. They, they’re irritating, you know.  They won’t stop talking. They kept asking me questions which I’ll never answer.”

He stared intensely at me. His eyes seemed to stare right into my soul. “Promise me something” he whispered. “What?” I replied, just as quietly. “That one day, you’ll tell me everything. About your parents, your family. What happened to them. What happened to you. What made you so uncaring. What made you loathe the world. What makes you flinch away from love. What makes you mistrust others, even if you’ve never meet them. That you’ll tell where you lived. You’ll tell me your first crush. You’ll tell me your first love. You’ll tell me when your happy. You’ll tell me when your sad. You’ll tell me when you don’t think you can hold on anymore. You’ll tell me everything that you won’t tell anyone else. You’ll tell me.” I stared at this strange boy that I met in the woods. This strange boy whose laugh captivated me. Whose eyes held a long held secret. A mystery I wanted to unravel. Who seemed to have seen the world. The boy who saw me, and seemed to like it. Who made me feel free. Who made me feel love. The boy who reminded me so much of another.  To this strange boy I met on this fateful day I whispered one word...

“Yes”