-10-

"Hana?" Jimin asked looking at his friend who was busy bathing their dog.

"Yes?" she turned to face the boy standing by the bathroom door.

"We'll always stay together like this right?" he asked.

Hana was a little taken aback by his sudden question.

'Is there something wrong with Jimin? Is he okay? Did I do something?' all these thoughts filled her mind and she stopped rubbing Kookie's back for a moment.

"I want us to always stay together Jimin. I promise I'll do anything to keep you by my side" the girl said and gave him a heart warming smile. "But why do you ask? Is something troubling you?"

Jimin walked closer, sat on his knees next to Hana and put some shampoo on his hand before rubbing it on Kookie's head, who was being oddly obedient during his bath.

"They were talking about a survey on couples breaking up while I was watching TV earlier and the result showed a really high percentage of them end up seperating" the boy explained.

Hana giggled at how adorable Jimin was for worrying about a reason like this.

"Haha! We're going to be okay" she said. "We're best friends, not a couple"

"Y-Yeah... You're right" Jimin said but there was a sad tone in his voice.

That's because he felt something more than just friend's love for Hana. And that moment the little boy promised to himself that he'd never admit it.

The survey seemed to be really serious to his young mind and he didn't want to risk his relationship with the girl. Because the statistics said that he'd break up with Hana if they became a couple.

And he didn't want to lose her for nothing in the world.

...6 years later...

Jimin's POV

I kept holding Hana's small hand in mine until we arrived in front of her house. I didn't want to let go so I used her walking slow as an excuse to keep holding her.

"Are you coming for lunch?" she asked.

She looked so beautiful today too. She always does.

I awkwardly took a step back when I noticed her blushing as her eyes were locked on our hands.

"Umm I'm sorry but I can't. Grandma is waiting for me" I said and we bid goodbye.

I was about to walk away when my body suddenly acted on its own. I rushed to reach her and grabbed her arm stopping her before she could enter the house.

"Hana wait! I have to ask you something first" I said trying not to lose eye contact with her.

She nodded nervously waiting to listen to my question.

"I need to make sure about this so please answer me honestly okay?" I said and she nodded again. " About... About being my girlfriend. You were... joking, right?" I managed to say after pausing so many times.

My heart was beating so fast as I was waiting for her answer but I had to act normal.

'I need to calm down. She'll just admit that it was all a joke and everything will be the way it was until now' I thought to myself.

"Nope! I am serious about this Jimin" she answered taking me by surprise.

"But I- I don't like you that way" I lied.

I obviously lied.

I felt horrible when I saw her trying to pretend that she wasn't hurt by my words. Her sad smile is one of the things that I hate the most but I'm the one causing it this time...

"I know" she said and lifted her head to face me.

I'm such a coward. I'm scared I'll lose her if we become something more than friends but I hate that I have to hurt her. Why does it have to be so difficult to reject her?

"Bu-"

"Don't say anything now. Give me a week. If you still see me as only your childhood friend I'll stop being your girlfriend" she said, her eyes fired with determination.

'You don't need a week to make me fall for you'

"This is not going to work" I said avoiding her eyes.

"Just one week Jimin" she pleaded.

"Fine. One week" I agreed.

I knew I shouldn't have looked in her eyes. I can't refuse when she asks something with that adorable expression.

"Yay!" she cheered and jumped in my arms making me stumble but I managed to keep my balance.

Things happened so fast that she had already entered her house when I realized what had just happened.

I touched my lips with my fingers as my heart was threatening to escape from my chest.

'Did she just kiss me?'