-6-

"Hana, come with me. I want to show you something" the little boy said happily and held the girl's hand.

He had found a lost puppy at his frontyard and Hana was the first person he wanted to show it to. He was sure she'd smile after seeing it.

He led the girl to his room and asked her to close her eyes before pulling the box that he had hidden under his bed earlier.

Hana opened her eyes as soon after listening to the cute bark the puppy tried to make as Jimin picked it up in his arms.

"Oh my god, this is so cute Jimin" the little girl squealed.

They put the puppy on the bed and lied down with it.

"Can we keep it?" Hana asked, her expression more cute that the puppy's in Jimin's eyes.

"I'm sure grandma will love him. So don't worry. He's staying with us" the boy reassured the girl and she smiled brightly just like Jimin wanted her too.

"So what should we name him?" Hana asked full of enthusiasm.

"Sorry but I already gave him a name" Jimin said pursing his lips. "He reminds me of my little cousin Jungkook so I started calling him Kookie" the boy explained.

"Aww I love it!" Hana said and caressed the puppy. "Kookie you're so cute"

"Yes you are cute" Jimin said. "Both of you" he muttered but the girl didn't listen to him being too concentrated on petting Kookie.

...8 years later...

Hana's POV

"Are you free on Saturday?" Taehyung asked moving his chair near me.

We decided to stay in the classroom during lunch break. I turned my chair and we gathered around Jimin's desk that was behind mine.

"Hmm... I think I am" I answered smiling at Tae.

Jimin was eating his sandwich and he looked like he was daydreaming, probably thinking about Chohee again.

"Then it's a date!" Tae said excited making me blink a few times feeling flustered.

The other day we talked a lot about my feelings for Jimin and he insisted on helping me even though I kept telling him that there's no need for that. In the end he managed to change my mind and we promised to meet out of school in order to plan things out.

So I guess this is what he meant by date.

I was about to answer when Jimin suddenly stood up from his chair. He didn't look like his usual self at all. Something is troubling him.

"I have to go to Mrs Song's office. I'll leave you two alone" he said but he sounded a little pissed off.

'Did something happen between him and Chohee?' I thought to myself feeling worried about him.

"I'm sorry Tae. I have to go check up on him" I said and made my way to the classroom door.

When I reached the door I felt a hand grasping my arm.

"I can see you on Saturday right?" Taehyung asked with a serious expression and I nodded before waving goodbye as I started running towards the staircase.

Jimin loves gazing at the sky when he has troubles so he'd most likely fled to the rooftop. There's no way Mrs Song asked him to go in her office. She took a day off for personal reasons today.

I rested my hands on my knees as I was trying to catch my breath after running up the stairs.

"Yah!! Sleepyhead?" I called when I saw Jimin sitting down with his back resting on the wall and his eyes closed.

He was surprised at the sound of my voice not expecting me to show up after he left the classroom.

"I didn't know that Mrs Song's office is up here now" I said as I walked closer and sat next to him.

"Sorry" he murmured avoiding my eyes.

"Hey! I thought you had already found your jams. Why do you look so down?" I asked and pinched his chubby cheeks trying to make him smile.

He flinched at my touch and I automatically moved my hand away. My heart dropped that moment. I guess he doesn't feel comfortable with me touching him now that he has someone he likes.

"Jimin, are you okay?" I asked him resting my back on the wall too.

His body tensed and he moved a little to his right leaving a fair distance between us.

"It's... It's nothing you should worry about. I'm just a little confused" he said and sighed heavily.

"Is there a way I can help you?" I asked knitting my brows in concern.

His eyes left the sky and in a second they met with mine.

While we were looking at each other I couldn't help thinking about how much I want Jimin to like me. To think and talk about me all the time instead of Chohee.

And without realizing it I started leaning closer to him, my eyes glued on his plump lips.

But then the door to the rooftop opened suddenly and Jimin quickly pulled me closer to him near the wall so that we couldn't be seen.

"Wha-"

"Shhhh" Jimin hushed me covering my mouth with his palm.

I was trapped in his strong arms again feeling as weak as I never felt before. My heart was racing and his scent only made things worse as I tried to control my breathing.

But I came back to reality when I heard a familiar voice calling an even more familiar name.

"Chohee..." the boy said and I could see him holding the girl's hand as Jimin and I tried to peek without them realizing we were at the other side of the brick wall.

"What did you want to tell me Jungkook?" she asked as a shade of red quickly appeared on her cheeks.

Jungkook's ears had turned into an even deeper shade of red.

"I... Chohee since the first day I saw you I..." the boy hesitated for a moment.

I panicked.

Jungkook was about to confess to Chohee and Jimin would witness the whole thing.

It would break his heart.

Without thinking twice I turned to face Jimin and placed my hands over his ears hoping that he wouldn't be able to hear anything.

I moved my face closer so that he could only look at me and not the younger ones who had already become a couple at the other side of the wall.

Jungkook did confess and Chohee accepted him. I had heard everything but I hoped Jimin hadn't.

For the few moments that we kept staring at each other breathing seemed to be the most difficult thing in the world for me.

When the bell rang and the young couple decided to get back to their classroom, I awkwardly let go of Jimin.

"Was that why you were feeling confused?" I asked after wrapping my arms around my knees.

Jimin stood up and started walking away but stopped in front of the door leading to the stairs.

"No. Chohee was not the one making me confused" he said avoiding my eyes.

What was that supposed to mean?

A/N
Hello everyone 😊
Hope you're having a good day *starts singing Good Day by BTS* #btstrash

Love ya 💕
MTFBWY