Xyz: Yuma Tsukumo

I'm re-updating this. I'll be getting darker and adding more to some relationships. Anyways. Hope you like the new version. Continue on!

The last hero will fall.

I do not own Yu-Gi-Oh!

Yuma rushed out of the doors of the Heart Duel School, making his way toward the central public library located at the heart of the four Duel Schools in Heartland. Just as he was about to enter, a familiar voice called out to him. Yuma turned and smiled when he saw Shark, his violet-haired friend, approaching.

"Shark! What's up?" Yuma pointed at his friend's hair. "You've put it up in a ponytail? It looks nice like that."

"Thanks," Shark replied, leaning on the stair rail next to Yuma. "Didn't think I'd ever see you in a library," he teased.

"Oh, haha. So funny I forgot to laugh," Yuma retorted sarcastically. The two then entered the library together. "I came here because some of my friends go to Spade School, and since they have some club meetings, I decided to wait for them here since it's close to the cafe where we're meeting. Plus, I wanted to check out this cool book I read a week ago. What about you? Why are you here?"

"I like coming here. It's a nice quiet place to study and get away from people. Oh, and you? Read? That's the joke of the century," Shark jested, making his way to the library's coffee bar to place an order. Meanwhile, Yuma went off to find the book he was looking for.

After locating the book, Yuma returned to his spot near Shark and sat down just as the barista placed one coffee, one hot chocolate, and two chocolate muffins on the table. Yuma expressed his gratitude but also mentioned that he could have paid for it himself.

Shark waved him off. "Nah, it's fine. I wanted to get you something. So, what's that book about that has you so interested?"

"The Seven Tragedies," Yuma replied, flipping open the book to a specific legend. Shark's eyes widened slightly, but Yuma didn't notice. "Ah, I heard about that book. Is it good?"

"Good? It's literally becoming one of my favorites. See, my parents travel around the world, and they bring back lots of souvenirs for my sister and me. Look," he said, pulling out a shark tooth locket. "My dad is an adventurer, and my mom is a historian, so when they go and explore, my mom always has these cool stories to tell us. She said they got this from where the supposed United Lands of the Poseidon Ocean was located, where the Seven Tragedies originated from. It reminded me of you because, you know, Shark, a Shark tooth?" Yuma teased.

Yuma slid the locket toward Shark, who shook his head in amusement. "Very original. But are you giving me this?"

Yuma nodded. "Yep! You don't have to have it if you don't want it." He grew slightly nervous. "Um, there's a picture in there on one side." Shark opened the locket to see a photo of himself and Yuma, both smiling and holding a trophy they won in their first tag duel. Shark didn't say anything, and Yuma added, "You can take the picture out and add anything else. I just..."

"N-No, it's fine. I like it," Shark said, putting on the locket. "You know, I actually don't have that picture. Rio never sent it to me." He placed his arms on the table and leaned on one hand, smiling at Yuma. "So... Who's your favorite? From the Seven Tragedies, I mean."

"King Nasch," Yuma replied, still flipping through the pages, oblivious to his friend's reddening cheeks. "I really think he's got a cool story, even though it's really sad. He lost his sister, who was also one of the Seven Tragedies, and his people."

"I've heard of him. He sounds interesting from what I've read," Shark commented.

Yuma smiled brightly. "He is. I think he would've been a cool person to befriend. He seemed like a selfless leader." Yuma stared at Shark, who eventually looked away. "You know, Shark, from the art they have of him, you kinda have a similar hairstyle and face shape." Yuma pulled up the book to show a sketched portrait of what the leader might have looked like. "See, for all you know, you could be part of his lineage."