Games : 29

"This break up, make up, hot and cold thing got me dizzy. You don't want me until I got somebody with me. It's gonna kill me."

Alec POV

;;

 Blake drove me home shortly after the incident. He tried talking to me about Avalon, but I just didn't know what to say. I understand that me going off was bad and it hurt Avalon, but that kiss..it seemed so real. Almost as real as the kisses I used to give her. I hated it. I hated her.

"Thanks." I said dryly, opening the car door. Blake stopped me from getting out by sighing. I glanced back at him, blinking.

He looked straight ahead as he spoke. "Why do you take things off on everyone else, Alec?" His voice was stern and it made me flinch before a familiar anger began to form in my stomach. "You hurt Tanner. He isn't going to forget that and you know it." My expression fell in guilt before I shut the door and walked into my house, slamming the door shut with a certain force that I exerted without realizing. My mom hurried around the corner.

"Alec?" She spoke, glancing down at my bruised fists with a frown. I knew what she was thinking at that exact moment. "What happened?" Her voice was laced with concern as she took a step forward and lifted my hands in her own. I winced, clenching my jaw as several sharp pains began to shoot up my arm.

I closed my eyes and forced the tears back, but they stung their way from my sockets and rolled effortlessly down my cheeks. I never cried in front of my mom. But now, I couldn't refrain from doing so. "Avalon, mom. I can't fucking bring myself to get over her and it's killing me. She means everything to me, I..I love her." I was crying to the point my mother tugged me into her arms, a soft sigh coming from her pursed lips. "She hates me now. It's all my fault. Everything is my fault."

"Alec," She began, pulling back just enough to look at me with a soft smile. "Nothing is your fault, you kept your past from her so that she would be safe. You did the right thing and if she can't accept that, then you deserve better." I took a soft breath before looking at her with a stern expression. I didn't tell her what happened.

"How do you know it was because I kept my past away from her?" My voice was soft and shaky, but it kept a seriousness tone as I finished the sentence with a hard glare. She opened her mouth to speak but choked and looked down. "You told her.." I said, stepping back as if I had been slapped in the face with a baseball bat. "That night you asked to speak to her, you told her everything." I ran my fingers through my hair and turned away from her, trying my hardest not to break down.

"Alec," She spoke shakily, her hands clamming up as the guilt covered her face.

"How could you? I fucking trusted you." I was betrayed by my own mother. She caused me this pain, this massive heartache that constantly hurt in the center of my chest. That hurt that sent me to my knees. I stormed past her and up the stairs, my vision glazed with a cloudy film. I stepped into my room and shut the door, crashing against the doorframe with my upper back. I clenched my jaw and stared downwards. Avalon was stolen from me by my own mother. The woman who always wanted me to be happy, but when I was she had to tear that away from me.

I didn't know who to trust anymore.

;;

Avalon's POV

  When my mother and Anne came to pick us all up, I received a long lecture about how I was supposed to make sure nothing happened to Tate. He jumped in and saved me, though. Saying that it wasn't my fault. She stopped.

 Once we got home, my mom let Tate lie down on the couch with an ice pack on his face. I kneeled at his side and frowned. "I'm sorry this happened to you, Tate." I spoke guiltily. He smiled and glanced up at me, lifting his shoulders upwards in a small shrug.

"It's okay, Avalon. I'm fine." He spoke with a soft grin. "I'm sorry I kissed you." My faced flushed a soft pink and I looked over at Emery and Tanner, they were smirking wildly as they watched us. I stood up and chuckled shyly.

I had to do something, I had to make things right. "I need to go to Alec's and talk some sense into him." I said with a light sigh, watching as his expression fell. Emery stood up and shook her head.

"Avi, that is not a good idea.." She muttered, concern etched within her eyes. I placed my hand on her shoulder and smiled, looking over as soon as Tanner began to speak up. He always had his opinion on things.

He looked serious as he began to talk. "He is mad, Avalon. Blake texted me when he dropped him off and explained things. Avi, he is not in a good state right now. I just can't promise you that he will not say something he will not mean and.."

"I'm pretty sure I am going to be the only one saying something I will not mean, Tanner. And I am the only one he will listen to." I frowned ever so slightly and took my hand away from Emery's shoulder. "I'll be back, guys." I turned around and walked out the door, shoveling the keys from my back pocket and slipping in the car. I started the ignition and drove to Alec's house at a leisurely pace.

 As soon as I pulled into the driveway, I had to think of everything I wanted to say. I got out of the car and slowly walked up to his door. Maybe I should go back home.. No, I had to do this. I knocked on the door and waited for an answer. It opened slowly and Olivia was standing in the doorway with a sad smile. I wanted to ask what was the matter, but I didn't know if it was personal. "Go ahead, he's in his room." She said, motioning upstairs. I still couldn't look at her the same after what she had told me.

 I walked upstairs and knocked on his door gently. "Go away." He answered, his voice low and quiet. It scared me.

"Alec, I need to talk to you.." I heard shuffling behind the door and soon it was opened. He stood against the frame and looked at me, frowning. "Hi." I said, a small smile lifting at the corners of my lips.

 He took a breath and blinked, "Hey."