Chapter 13

The walk home from school is completely silent. I don't dare speak to Terran, and he doesn't question me. My whole body is shaking with adrenaline and I am more alert than ever. I feel as if my body is hyperactive. 

My fingers constantly fumble with the strap of my backpack. I feel fidgety, and I know my heart rate is faster than normal. I can feel the air whistling through my teeth with my sharp heavy breaths, and they begin to chatter. Thumping against my head pushes my thoughts of how unusual this is away, and my eyes flit around to every object in existence.

The scenery around me is clearer than usual. My mind notices the minuscule detail of the sidewalk pavement, how it's grey color is mixed with a tint of blue, and the cement made of granite. Little flashes of steel poke out of the dull mixture, and the glittering against the sun's rays throws me into a trance. The curve of the road ahead begins to make my thoughts go fuzzy, and-

"Nixon?" Terran asks from beside me, nearly making me jump. 

"What?" I stutter, my teeth clinking against each other rapidly. 

"Is that him?" He says, and I stare at him in confusion. What is he talking about? 

"Is what who?" 

"Him, you know, that guy?" He whispers, lowering his voice carefully with each word.

"What guy?" I demand. I look around, and no one is near us. I begin to feel dizzy.

"The guy that you said you were with, the one who we passed walking back from school a few weeks ago. The one you talked about this morning?" His words make my head spin, and I cannot comprehend anything he is telling me. His eyes are looking at me, slightly concerned, but mostly afraid. 

"Who?" I ask. 

"Are you okay?" Terran's voice sounds like piercing in my eardrums, and I wince. My eyes dart around the grounds and all I see is the green of the grass, and the light of the sun. 

"Where is he?" My mouth speaks without a thought. "Where did he go? What's happening to me?" 

"Nixon?" Terran asks again, his voice laced with panic. "What's going on?" 

My lips form the words I need to speak, but my voice says nothing. I shout the words out of my head over the fog and the pain. Don't let anyone see me, Terran. 

"Get him." My voice comes out in a hoarse crack. "Now, Terran, now." I stop in the middle of the sidewalk and sway.

"Are you going to be sick?" His words sound like babble in my ears. I fight the pain against my mind. 

"Get Lance, please." I can barely hear my voice above my heavy breathing. "Now, now!" 

I struggle to hold myself up, and watch in horror as the world spins around me. I am as good as dead if someone sees me. I can imagine the wild look in my eyes that Terran sees.

"No, no," I hiss. My knees knock together, and I gasp as I meet the ground. My fingers press against the cement and my vision blurs. I can't count my fingers. 

A breath of fright escapes my lips before I fall to the pavement and my eyes close. 

END OF PART ONE

____________________________

whoops :)

kisses, becca ♥