Stealing Perfection

Alright. New story, and I don't know how it'll turn out. I'm planing things out and thinking pretty much as I go, so tell me if someone thing doesn't make any sense at all. I'm hoping to have chapters pre-written when I update so that I can get on a schedule and have a certain day I'll update on. Here's a sneak peek, thanks for reading!

____________________

Then.

Two years ago, I imagined those perfect modeled faces all staring blankly at me, just waiting for me to pick them. But I couldn't, their systems were "too advanced" and "too complex" for us, as they say. Now, I didn't have many options, being a level 25, did I? But I had came far for that, and I wasn't going to settle for anything less. Walking on the suspended path made me feel like I was walking in Heaven. Sure, they never taught about Heaven in school, and it was a banned topic back at home, but I still knew about it.

I was practically blindfolded back then. I waited every day to be closer and closer to level up. I wanted to be prettier, to be perfect. So there I was, excited about reaching level twenty-five as a stupid little fifteen year old. An oblivious, stupid little girl.

My eyes scanned upon the row of pretty little mannequins. They all had something that didn't click with me. 

Brunette hair, brown eyes, pale face, slightly overweight body. No.

Red hair, green eyes, slim figure, disproportionate body. No.

That was the thing about all of the level 30's and below. They all had imperfections. I kept walking down the line of the "wanna-be's" and stopped short in front of the invisible gate. That was my end. I couldn't go any farther.

I looked up the spiral staircase, at the rows and rows of perfect mannequins above me, with all the walkways suspended in hanging air. When I got to my next level, I would move up a flight and choose from the level 26's.

It was all too easy. Their whole setup was a plan waiting to fail. Trying to make everyone feel perfect, want more, and have to deal with less. They loved to watch our brains be messed with as we leveled up again, getting to pick a new look and entering the sincere bliss that wasn't real. 

It seemed like I was the only one who saw through this whole planned utopia world. It obviously wasn't going to work. I wondered if anyone else in this world had brains, or if they just sat there and went along with everything. Sure, I blended in, but so did everyone else. There were no disturbances ever. No one was allowed to have technology like the Commands. No one even knew about the technology of the Commands.

I looked back over at the ten mannequins and chose one with blond hair, piercing green eyes, a pudgy face, and a skinny body.

I stood in front of her, and looked at her face.

"This is the one." I said out loud to no one. I thought of my current plain features, and disregarded them as I grabbed the mannequin's hand and felt the warm, burning sensation tickling through my body. In an instant, I saw blond hair fall waves down my shoulders.

I looked back up to the higher levels, and gritted my teeth. They thought that by a stupid gate, they could keep out everyone who would be pressured to become prettier. Did they ever think there would be anyone who tried to take the best of the best from them? That anyone would try to pick-pocket their pretty little mannequins?

There were people, though. They've been planning to overthrow the Commands. And me? I work for them now. Our final plan is to get to level 75, and ultimately, steal perfection.

_________________________

Like I said, just a sneak peek. Really short. If anyone is confused by this first part, just let me know.  

I will have the first chapter up within a week or so.

GO READ amanda1price 's DIVERGENT FANFIC IF YOU'VE READ DIVERGENT ITS THE BEST THING SINCE NUTELLA I PROMISE YOU'LL LOVE IT.

Comment? Vote? :)

Becca