Chapter 9

"You can leave now." Ren says, and I snap out of my shock. "I'm just going to be running tests on your blood. Come back in like, three or so days, and see me. We'll test your physical capabilities first." My capabilities to what? How long I can stay awake without sleeping, how far I can run without passing out? What's after physical capabilities, mental?

So, despite my unease, I say, "Okay." I exit the room, and walk down the hallway I have never seen. I look to the right, and recognize nothing. I look to the left, and it is the same. I sigh.

When I decide to take a right, I rip off a bit of my shirt to remember where I turned. I set it on the ground, and walk through the new hallway. The hallway turns around the corner, and I see feet walking towards me. I look up, it is Lance. His face is set, hard, and I wonder what Kat has said to him. He has this burning passion in his eyes, like he wants to tell me something.

I open my mouth to speak, but am silenced when he grabs my hand and pulls me in a storage closet to my left. The space is so small that I am leaning on him to stay up. Then, like lightening, he presses his lips to mine.

It all happens so fast. Warm chills tickle in throughout my body, and I smile before kissing him back. His hand trails down my waist, and his fingers hold onto my hip bone. I am stunned by the reactions I have, because I am melting under his touch. His other hand is behind my head, keeping our lips locked. I close my eyes, and allow myself to fall deeper.

One of my hands wrap around his waist, and rests on his backbone. The other tangles in his hair. I can hear my heart thumping against my chest, and I make no attempts to stop the fluttering in my stomach.

He pulls back slowly, and I open my eyes. His mouth is pulled into a smile, and his eyes are locked with mine. I can't help the my smile on my face from showing.

"So your friend wasn't lying," He starts, leaning back in, "when she said you had a crush on me?" His eyes flit back to my lips. 

"You kissed me first." I say, nearly breathless.

"I did?" His eyebrow raises, and I let out a laugh. "I thought this was a mutual thing, you know?" He looks so carefree in this moment, like he wouldn't care if someone found us in here. This is only one of his personalities I can't help but squirm at.

"I would want you to be my girlfriend," My heart skips a beat. "But there's psycho girls out there that would rip your head off."

I steal a few more kisses, before pulling back and smirking. "I'd like to see them try."

"You want me to show you off to everyone out there?" He asks.

"Yes." I answer honestly, and he stares at me for a moment before smiling.

"Okay." He says, and kisses me again. His lips advert from mine, and he kisses my neck softly. Then, he bites a spot, and I squeal. He pulls away, laughing, eyes wide. I touch the spot on my neck, and look at him in amazement.

"What if someone sees this!" I yell at him, trying to be as serious as possible.

"I don't care, let them see it."

"Fine, what if my parents see this!" I feel around for it, and find the teeth marks. "May I remind you, I'm still underage, and I will be killed if they find out about me with anyone!"

"Calm down. It's already healing." His finger brush against mine as he touches the spot. His eyes look so smoldering in the dim closet lighting.

"It is?" His fingers wrap around mine.

"Yes, I can barely see it." He leans closer, and looks at my neck. "In that case.." His lips press against my neck, and he bites in a line down my neck. Each time, I let out a gasp, feeling the rush that it gives me. When he pulls pack, he runs his fingers through my hair, and kisses my forehead.