Chapter 14- Pricklefang

Icestar returned at midday- pelt billowing under the strong wind. She leapt upon the Highbranch, tail swishing in anger.
The clan gathered round her feet as she began to speak.
"Clan of frost, strong and mighty, we attack Dustclan at dusk!"
Murmurings of unease began to ripple throughout the clan. Foxtail raised his quiet, reasonable voice.
"Icestar, I would hate to go against your decisions, but what reason is there to launch an assault?"
Voices joined him as he tried to reason. He stood, his auburn pelt glimmering in the sun.
"I think it's a good idea." Rowanmoth spoke out.
"Well you would, wouldn't you, Rowanmoth?" Scorchpelt objected sweetly. Rowanmoth shot her a glare and began speaking again.
"We need a show of power, show those crow-food eaters we mean business. They've been straying too close to our borders recently. Give them a taste of what we can do."
Voices drowned him out in protest, but Icestar yowled above them.
"No arguing! We are attacking Dustclan, and that's final!" An odd gleam was in her eyes, a small red flame. Pricklefang shivered, but didn't object. He couldn't help feeling seceretly excited. Icestar srung softly down from the Highbranch, turning to face them. Her voice was dangerously soft.
"It's for the good of the clan."
~~~~~~~~
Pricklefang followed Eagleclaw across the wooded path through the trees that led to Dustclan territory. Crescentpaw padded softly on his tail, eyes alight. The scent of Dustclan ripped through the air as they crossed the border. The clan stopped and began to slow, Icestar leading them towards the Dustclan camp. The sandy ground felt strange between his paws. He flexed his claws, digging them fiercely into the ground. A bramble wall loomed above them, and suddenly bristling pelts burst through.
"Flea-brains, what are you doing here?" A dark Tom growled. Newmoon. He was flanked by two warriors, Frostflight and Witherednight.
Icestar tensed. "Frostclan, attack!"
Pricklefang flung himself through the barrier, tearing into flesh. He reared up to slash at a black Tom. He jumped and twisted in the air, kicking him in the neck fiercely. The Tom fell to the ground, eyes dull. Good. Across the clearing Icestar and Oakstar grappled fiercely. Pricklefang turned as he felt a scratch across his back. He takes his claws around, leaping on the attacker and raking his spine. He slithered away and Pricklefang bounded across to help Crescentpaw fend off two attackers. He flung them away deftly and turned to Crescentpaw.
"Thanks." She mewed quickly, before leaping onto a tortoiseshell she-cat and raking her ears.
Pricklefang swivelled to face Witherednight, who lashed out, scoring Pricklefang's side. He retaliated, whipping his back legs into Witherednlight's head. Witherednlight dodged and leaped onto Pricklefang's back. Pricklefang felt a familiar feeling. He threw off Witherednight as his pelt bushed, darkening.
He had to control it. It was the only was he could succeed.