I tried to put as much enthusiasm in my tone that I could mustard up and she seemed to have been oblivious about it. 

“So, Ari.” She spoke up as she crossed a leg over the other, using her red pen to jot some stuff down into my file. “I see you have met a new friend.” 

I couldn’t tell what exactly she was thinking because her tone was flat. But I had a gut feeling she didn’t exactly approve of me writing back and forth with Michael Myers. 

“I wouldn’t exactly call him my friend.” I muttered.

She didn’t look up.

“You need to be careful.” She finally did look up. Her blue eyes softened up. “Doctor Loomis-his therapist-have told me some things about that man. He’s dangerous. Careless. Whatever it is you think you can gain by being friends with him, you’re not going to get it.”

I arched a thin eyebrow. “Do you always talk bad about other patients, Miss. Pierce? Because you do an awful lot of bad talking.”

The woman blinked. “Excuse me? Of course not. I just don’t want to see anything bad happen to you. I care about you.”

“Uh-huh.” I nodded once. My eyes met hers. Blue met blue like waves battling it out to get through one another. I licked my lips, shifting in my seat. “But you mustn’t worry. I’ll be perfectly fine. I’m a big girl.”

Miss. Pierce let out a heavy sigh, writing. “You’re seventeen years old, Ari. The guy is twenty-”

“Where are you going with this?”

“That he’s older and a lot bigger...Michael Myers is a smart guy. Always has been a very smart kid and that’s what makes him dangerous.” The woman looked up at me. 

“I’m not naive, Miss. Pierce.” I snorted in amusement. “I’ve learned a long time ago I can’t trust just about anyone. I always have my guard up...you should do the same.” I leaned back in my seat. “You shouldn’t judge a book by its cover. The most evil person could be the person you least expect.”

The woman narrowed her eyes, staring at me like she was trying to figure out what I was talking about.

I didn’t trust Mr. Brown. 

At first when I met him in the classroom I thought he was just your usual annoying teacher. But after what I had seen yesterday, I knew there was something about him that wasn’t right. 

“Just be careful.” She finally said.

“Will do.”

She looked at the clock up on the wall before continuing to write. “You should head to class.” She looked up at me. 

I stood and turned to head to the door, before looking back at her and smiled. “Want me to tell Mr. Brown hello for you?”

She arched an eyebrow, her jaw tensing a little as she gulped. But she smiled and nodded. “Sure.”

I smiled and turned and head out, my smile fading quickly as I made my way upstairs. 

After making my way to the classroom, I let out a heavy sigh and entered. The man stood there in a red and white plaid button up shirt with the sleeves rolled back and gray slacks. His black hair slicked back as usual and he was writing something on the board. 

He looked over to me, and I quickly looked away as I made my way to the seat I sat in before. I could feel his eyes on me, which caused my ears to heat up. 

In my mind I could still see that disgusting grin on his face. 

I let the officer cuff me to the desk, and I looked up and saw Michael enter.