Chapter 4

I made sure I avoided any contact with others as I made my way through the common room to the girls dorms, where I then made sure no one saw me enter my hidden room. It wasn't long before someone entered my room behind me. Not questioning who it was, I walked over to my owl and asked why the person was here.

"So, you're here why?" I asked as I ran my hand over my owls feathers.

"Well, because I'm one of the only people who know where you hide yourself" the familiar voice said softly, taking a breath to continue, "I also want to talk to you about Edward.."

Shifting my body to face the person, I motioned for them to sit. Of course, it was Draco. Not particularly the person I want to talk to at the moment. Not the right subject either. He noticed I wasn't going to start the conversation and began to talk.

**

"Come on Tabitha, I know that you don't like the fact he's been with those twins so much," he took a breath and I took the opportunity to interrupt him.

"If you're going to come off and say that it's nothing to worry about, go ahead and shut your face."

"Wasn't going to say that, anyways, I've been told he doesn't like you being around me, so you can probably get where I'm coming from."

"Mhmmm" I acknowledged his thoughts as I stood up, "well I need to talk to Snape, care to come with?"

Draco nodded and walked by my side out of the dorm and to the common room. Snape was most likely to be in his office or even with Dumbledore, I'd figure it out. When we walked through the common room I didn't bother to look in the direction of Edward and the twins. I could feel people in the common room looking at Draco and I, particularly the first years and our friends.

I exited the common room with Draco still walking beside me and down the hall towards Snape's' office. As usual, we came across a teacher on our way there, where I then explained we were going to talk to my father in his office. The teacher, Professor Flitwick nodded with a simple "carry on."

It wasn't long until we reached Snape's office, where he wasn't, and where I rummaged through the thousands and thousands of bottles of ingredients and potions. Not to mention the new stacks of books for students and the occasional dark art book for Draco and myself were stacked within the pile. Rolling my eyes, I started going through and organising different areas.

"Okay Tabs, seriously, why are you organising? can't we just grab the stuff we need and go?" Draco said pulling me away from the unorganised section of the shelf.

"I suppose, let me leave a note for father though.. telling him what we took" I sighed, beginning to write the note with the name of two ingredients and the dark art book we needed.

"Are you sure Snape won't be mad?"

"Yes, Draco, I'm sure. He's practically my father, besides, what are we gonna do, go off grounds and find everything? risk ourselves getting expelled?" I replied, grabbing the large red book with gold lettering on it.

Draco picked up the two bottles of ingredients we needed and we headed out of the office. Along the way back, I decided that we'd put the stuff in Draco's room and then head out to actually find and talk to Snape. Once again, we both ignored everyone that was still up at this hour and headed out to carry on with our business.

"So, he's not in his office, which means he's going to be with Dumbledore most likely" I said as I led the way towards the statue that would lead up to Dumbledore's office.

"What are we even gonna say?" Draco grabbed my hand and pulled me into the shadows.

"Well, we need to be sure about quidditch this year, first off. Also about this whole dark arts thing and how we're going to keep the entire thing more secret than ever now that we've got my little Death Eater group roaming around school" I muttered.

Draco just took a deep breath, "are you still sure you wanna do this? the Death Eater group?"

I only squeezed his hand and backed out of the shadows with him. He had a point, did I really want this? Of course, I want this, it's just who's with us. Slowly, I took a deep breath and said the password aloud and watched as the statue turned. The staircase was revealed and I turned around to Draco, nodded and headed up the staircase. As I neared Professor Dumbledore's office I could hear two people talking. Decidedly, Draco and I sat and waited for the two to finish talking and it wasn't very long until the door to Dumbledore's office swing open.

Snape was walking out and we jumped up, "ah father" I said.

He spun around on his heel, "Bane."

Satisfied, I smiled, "Draco and I wanted to ask two things" I looked over to Draco, who was standing behind me.

"We were wondering, Professor Snape, if everything would work out if we went out for Quidditch this year again."

Snape nodded, "even if it doesn't Draco, you two decide which is more important. The both of you already have confirmed spots on the team either way. Your only job is to really figure out which is Seeking and which is Keeping, or if you both perhaps want to just switch every game or anything," he took a breath, "and your second concern?"

Draco pointed at me, "that's Tabs concern."

"So, father, I was wondering perhaps with the whole group that it would be alright if I took out a certain few people perhaps, or even if I had them regain their... trust even. Would that be alright?" I asked, "of course, I'd want my trusted fathers permission before I followed suit."

He thought on the idea for a brief moment, "it's your group, whatever you believe is best to keep it up and going strong, yes I suppose that's alright."

**

Snape escorted Draco and I the rest of the way back to the common room, where he then told us to go to bed since we had potions first thing in the morning. Something about advanced lessons and new ingredients from some foreign country I'd never heard of.

When Draco and I reached the split staircase we said our goodnights and headed to our rooms. I slowly walked to mine, thinking of how the events of today had played out. Shaking my head, I walked through the wall and into my hidden bedroom. I wasn't even going to bother changing into pyjamas tonight. After undoing my bed and taking off my plain black robes, I placed my wand next to my bed where I kept it every night.

---
A/N: my apologies if this is long, I'm trying to get back into the story line without too much talking, though dialogue is almost un-avoidable. anyways, how is everyone doing?
-Gracesen