Chapter 2

Lord Voldemort had came to retrieve Nagini yesterday, after I had notified him of how great she was doing. The house elves were off of their break, just as I was almost off of mine. School was back again soon, sadly. All of the house elves were doing something, cleaning or cooking, working on plans for the week, monitoring. Occasionally, I would be asked what my personal preference for them to do something was. Which was normal, in the Bane household at least. Treat the elves good and they actually are not scared of you. It is almost the complete opposite in the Malfoy manor. But that is their home not mine.

By now, all the game-like spells that had been placed over the break were broken, returning my manor back to its purposeful state. My room had been hidden again, and all of the marble and stone floorings had been cleansed and shined. As I sat in my room, taking in the aroma of rosemary, I had a house elf pack my stuff for me. It wasn't hard really, I could pack myself, but the house elf insisted. School, surprisingly was almost getting easier instead of harder it seemed.

"Tabitha Bane! Get down here!" the familiar voice of Edward called.

"Hold on, I'll be back in a few minutes" I said to the house elf as I got up and left my room.

I walked swiftly from my room to the first floor without any thought. I moved my way around the house elves that were working, so that they could do their work. School starts back tomorrow, and I was excited, per usual. Hogwarts is more home than my manor even is, considering that I'm there most of the time. When I got downstairs, Edward was there waiting in the living room, looking at all the photos and paintings of family and friends I had on the walls from family before me.

I hadn't said anything when I got into the living room, I just sat down slowly on the couch.  What I assumed was Edward would be here over something someone said, probably Voldemort or perhaps even Narcissa.  Or maybe, it was something else. He finally noticed I had been sitting behind him after a good five minutes.

"It's my parents" He started, "they want you over tonight, and Malfoy."

Nodding I raised an eyebrow, "both of us? why?"

"Well they haven't exactly met either of you, and you are both the most powerful families existing."

"Tonight, right?" I asked and Edward replied with a simple yes, "have you told Draco?" Another simple yes.

- Later That Night -

I decided to come two hours early, with of course, permission from Edward that I wouldn't seem stupid or anything showing up that early. His home was nice, big and bright. Well, not really bright, it just seemed so, because of the dark theme against the light. Edward showed me around, lastly bringing me into the living room, where his parents sat talking. Knowing if I actually tried to make an impression, I would look mental, so I didn't try. At all.

"This is miss Tabitha Bane, I'm assuming?" Edwards dad spoke instantly.

Edward spoke for me, in a quite unamused tone,  "who else could it be dad?"

His father nodded and looked back to his mother, "so, this is the girl you volunteered yourself to follow after, she is the most famous girl alive right now, and at the same time, your girlfriend?" his mom said nonchalantly.

Edward nodded instead of saying 'yes', and I stood nervously. His parents seemed very strict, and I already felt like they hated me.

"Well, nice to meet you Tabitha!" they said, suddenly becoming a less strict and tense, and instead appeared cheerful.

"Nice to meet you too, Mr and Mrs. Slytherin" I said with a soft smile, trying not to seem so nervous.

They motioned towards the couch, where Edward and I went to sit as they left the room. "So they know about everything? the group, and us?" I asked Edward quietly.

Edward nodded, "props to Voldemort for the group hint." I just looked at him and to the entrance, "hey, relax, it's alright" he whispered to me as they entered the room again. They were silent for quite a while and I expected them to leave the room without a word, the way they were acting. 

"May we talk to you for a moment, Edward?" His parents asked, and before he got up, he looked at me and I nodded. 

I supposed his parents wanted to talk to him about me, not that it bothered me. As I sat in the spot I was on the couch, I looked around the room and took in my surroundings. It'd already been thirty minutes since I had walked through the doors of the Slytherin household. In other words, there's only an hour and a half left until Draco shows up, unless he comes early also, which I doubt he would. Edward and his parents had came back into the room a few minutes ago. His parents said something about how I seem quite nice and all that wondrous stuff. 

Another thirty minutes passed, which means there's an hour left until Draco comes, and by now I had willingly gone around the house and introduced myself to the house elves and other creatures residing here. Edwards parents weren't as strict as they originally came off to be, as they have intentionally made quite a few conversations with me, trying to learn more about me. Of course, neither of them asked about the story of my parents or the Malfoy's, or about how I'm associated with Severus Snape, Lord Voldemort, or anyone since most everyone knows those stories by now. I enjoy not having to speak about myself, especially telling those long, boring stories. It made introducing myself and getting on with my point a lot quicker, everyone knowing the 'big' stuff.