Midnight Messages

Beginne am Anfang

He couldn't help but chuckle, before typing a reply as fast as he could, "Sorry. Emma came to my room."

As Elsa read the text she couldn't keep herself from smiling. Jack may be a bastard, but he was a sweet and caring brother, "Tell her I said hi."

"Hi Elsa!" Emma said to Jack's phone as soon as she read the text he received, which made him laugh.

"She just said 'hi Elsa' out loud," he texted back, before turning towards his sister, "She can't hear you. You have to type a message on my phone."

"Oh," Emma simply replied, taking Jack's phone from his grasp and staring at it intently, waiting for Elsa's next message.

"Aw how cute," the next message said. Emma read it aloud for her brother to know. This simply made him smile.

"Go reply," he told his sister, encouraging her to type.

But she was way ahead of him, replying to Elsa as soon as he told her to, "Thank u Elsa. This is Emma typing by the way."

When Elsa realized it wasn't Jack she was talking to anymore, but his adorable and sweet little sister, Emma, her whole demeanor changed. As if all her irritation from Jack waking her up in the middle of the night left her body.

"Why are you up at 12:23 in the morning? It's way past your bedtime," she sent to the little girl, lying back down, her whole body underneath the covers.

Emma scooched closer to her brother, before she typed in reply, "Well i couldnt sleep."

"Does it run in your family?" Elsa decided to joke, knowing Emma wouldn't understand and would ask her brother about it.

Emma did do exactly that, and Jack just laughed, shaking his head, "Tell her that it doesn't and that was a lame joke."

"Jack says it doesnt run in our family and that ur joke was lame," Emma typed in and hit send, not knowing what was going on.

Elsa giggled at this, before she finally decided to end her chit chat with Emma, "Well, you better go to bed. It's not healthy for a growing girl to sleep this late."

"Ok Elsa. Thanks for this talk," the little girl replied, adding a smiley, before she handed the phone back to Jack with a yawn.

Reading the last two messages, Jack understood what Emma was doing so he smiled and hugged her gently and a little bit more tightly. Emma relaxed in her brother's arms, before shutting her eyes in attempt to fall asleep.

"It's me this time," Jack texted, adjusting the brightness of his phone so it wouldn't be too blinding and disturbing for his sister.

"For a moment there I thought you'd go to sleep too," Elsa sent with a sigh. She can't understand why the idiot wouldn't leave her alone yet. There was thirty minutes left until 1 am for God's sake.

"Maybe I should," he sent while he silently admired his sister who seemed to be close to falling asleep altogether.

"Goodnight, Jack," she simply texted in reply, thinking that it's time for their midnight chit chat to come to an end. She definitely needed to rest if she was bothering to go to school.

"Goodnight Els," he typed back, before letting himself rest as well, next to his already sleeping sister.

With that, the two of them placed their phones on their nightstand, relaxing into the soft pillows on their bed, letting the calm night take them on a dreamless slumber filled with nothing but happiness.

T H E E N D

❅❅❅❅❅

A U T H O R ' S N O T E

I don't know what my aim was with this one shot. And I don't even know what type of one shot this was. It feels pretty meh to me. But I felt like this book needed a one shot that was filled with happiness and positivity. So here you go - a lighthearted one shot.

You can either think that Jack and Elsa are dating, or are simply just best friends. Your choice. I didn't really emphasize their relationship status in this one because it felt too sweet and I didn't really wanna dwell on the relationship when I wrote this one. I wanted it to stay sweet and innocent and light, something different from the ones I wrote previously.

Also I called Jack's sister Emma because that's what most of you call her anyway and I didn't really feel like becoming original lol.

Anyways, here you go. Another update. I'm not sure if this will be my last update before I go, but if it is then I'm sorry and I hope you liked it.

If I do choose to update more, expect them to be as lighthearted as this one because I feel like it's best if I dwelled on positivity for now. More fluff and sweetness for Jelsa.

Anyways, I'm gonna end this A/N now. Thanks so much for reading this one shot. Please comment and vote. I'd love to reply to all of you, really.

Sorry if you think that this was pretty lame. Lmao.

V O T E  |  F A N  |  C O M M E N T  |  S H A R E