Chapter 1: Pilot

A/N - All amazing stories start with a chapter called "Pilot", and so I want to start this one with the same name.

        - This chapter also won't be so long, it's just summing up what is going on in Quin's life so far, and setting up for Chapter 2: Starting at a New School

Now, back on the day October 27, 2000, Quintin Benjamin Tucker was born to Hugo and Penny Tucker in Grace Hospital, Xavier, GA.  Quin and his parents moved to Redwood, KY when Quin was just barely two years old.  His father, Hugo, was stationed there, he was in some strange army.  Quin asked once, but his father forbid him to ever ask anything else about it.  Quin was just four at the time, a few days later, his parents were killed.  Quin knew his father was the toughest man he ever met, and probably was the toughest and bravest man he'd ever met, and will ever meet, with the exception of himself.  His father always had this tinkle in his eye that would make Quin smile and feel loved.  The wisest thing his father ever told him was "Money will never show others love, only love in God will show love.  Love God and love others, money is the root of all evil and I will die before my son turns evil."  That is primarily why Quin was never a fighter, and why he still believes his parents are alive.  He doesn't care for money, he tries to love God, nobody is perfect, Quin humbles himself before others, and always has, well, unless they're against him, his family, and/or his beliefs.

Quin still lives in Redwood, different house, different guardians.  He pretty much hated his foster parents, they were the kind to just do it for the money and do things at the minimum.  Richard and Ethel Charles were horrible people, self centered, and just down right slobs.  Their house was always a mess, their was never much food, and they always treated Quin like a criminal, an outcast, almost like he was different than them, he was, but they treated him like a bad kind of different.  Richard was short, bald, and reminded Quin of Dan Devito.  Ethel was pretty much a blonde hooker who looked like a transsexual version of Adele.  Quin shared his room with a younger Native American boy named Genghis Cooper, strange kid who always liked to keep to himself.  There were also other children, but they're not important, so i'm not going to bore you with that information.

------------------------

It was a beautiful day out, no clouds, warm, not humid, and a light breeze that made our insides tingle.  Quin was laying down in a field far away from town past the woods and pass a waterfall where nobody could bother him.  Quin always would come out here after school, Richard doesn't really care when Quin would come home, as long as he's home before he went to bed.  Quin loved to go out there to think and clear his mind, there was just something about the distant sound of a waterfall, the wind whistling through the trees, and the sweet aroma of the nearby flowers growing wildly in the woods.  To him, it was like being high without the drugs, like an outer body experience.  Nobody ever went to that secluded place, only Quin, and he doesn't even know how he finds it.  He just walks and finds it, almost like there is a magnet that pulls him closer and closer.  (Eventually, this place would become Quin's own property, except you'll have to wait a while to know about that.  A. K. A. the next book).  Quin had been going to his secret hideout for a few years now, and never has there been an incident when he'd even seen an animal around there, today was different.

Quin was walking to his hideout, traveling from school.  As he was casually walking through the woods, he heard something.  Kind of like something, or someone was watching him, stalking him, preying on him, which ever you decide to call it.  Quin was frightened by this, but still kept trotting along.  While he was traveling past the waterfall, he saw something rise up from the small pool that the falls dripped into, a bird.  The bird caught fire and flew toward Quin, a phoenix.  It perched on Quins shoulders and bursted into flames before Quin could even blink.  Quin arrived in some other woods that he'd never seen again, the phoenix bursted into flames again, and disappeared.  Quin looked up, and saw an animal he'd dreamed of, it was a metallic flying tiger.  The tiger roared, and Quin saw the sound waves, somehow, and it hit him straight in the face.  The blast caused Quin to fall backwards, his head hurt, then he felt drowsy, then everything went black, he passed  out.