Chapter 12: The End (Part 1)

When it comes down to final battles, I really didn't know what to expect. Maybe I expected something easier? I'm not sure.

But I'll tell you, my father was NOT going down easy. It also didn't help with the fact that there were, oh I don't know, 100 or more demons attacking me at the same time.

Every left and right was me either slashing, burning, or ripping apart another demon. I used to know all of them. Now, they were my enemies. After I had tore apart Panae, they were on me like hell hounds. I assumed it was because I was attacking one of their own, and I understood that. My father just sat back and watched as I was killing and hurting them all. He found it entertaining. Well, that was about to end.

I let them hold me down. When I got a good amount of them on top of me, I made a huge burst of fire blow them off either into pieces or into the air. It felt great. Better than it should have. And I liked it a little too much.

I started laughing hysterically. I could feel my hands shaking. 'No, no, calm down, calm down,' I thought to myself. But the more energy I used, the more hysterical and insane I became. After killing more and more demons, there was a huge spread of them surrounding me. None came any closer. I was grinning. My entire body was shaking. I looked up at my father.

He was smiling too.

That made my smile instantly drop and make me lose any momentum I had before. I could feel the tears in my eyes as I dropped to my knees and began to cry. "Please... Why won't you just stop..." I said through sobs. Satan walked towards me, helped me to my feet, and looked at me. "I have my reasons. Now, if you want this to stop, I will make an agreement with you.

"If you want that portal closed, bring your brothers down here. And we can be together to take what's left of the upper world. Otherwise, you go to the surface and help them fight it off. Now is the time to make your choice." He finished before stepping back. I was in shock. I couldn't even bring myself to look at him. What was I supposed to do? Even my tears had frozen.

Suddenly, I remembered that everything I had up there was so much better. I wasn't going to drag the people down here that I didn't want to die. But, I had a plan. "Alright, father. I'll do it. I'll bring them down here," I told him.

Everyone went silent. Even my own father did. He didn't know how to react. I suddenly turned and walked off without a warning, keeping my head held high. I put the flames around me out as I went to the portal back to the upper world.

...

When I got back up, everything was CHAOTIC.

Exorcists were either lying on the ground being trampled by demons or fighting off demons. My anger began to swell again and I rushed forward, taking out some of the demons trying to attack the exorcists. They looked surprised when I used the power I had. I just grinned and ran off, looking for the classroom that held all the students.

I could feel the ground shaking as more demons were released from the portal. I guess no matter what, my father was not showing any mercy. I tried not to look back as I kept sprinting. For some reason I felt more out of breath. Maybe it was because I was on the surface again. Well, I had no time for that. It was time to make this plan complete.

Before I got into the room, I saw Yukio. He was fighting off some of the demons, even trying to use some of his ability from time to time. "YUKIO!" I yelled at him from across the way. He looked at me after he finished taking out a demon. "Michiko?! What are you doing out here? You need to get to the classroom, NOW!" Yukio exclaimed hurriedly as he grabbed my arm and whisked me away.

"Yukio, listen to me! I know how to stop this," I said as I halted to a stop to make him look at me. "I went through the portal! I know how to stop this mess!" I shouted over all the noise. Yukio looked at me like I had just gone mad. I probably had. "WHY DID YOU GO THROUGH THE PORTAL?!" He yelled at me. "BECAUSE I HAD TO TALK TO HIM AND I DID. SO NOW YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO ME!" I shouted.

Yukio nodded and we ran to a safe place. "Okay, so what's your plan?" He asked hurriedly. I could tell he was worried. "Okay, so here's what I've got in mind..."

...

After about 20 thorough explanations and 15 tries to convince him, I finally got him to do it. Yukio was a tough cookie, I'll tell you that now. He did NOT go down easy. When I asked where Rin was, he told me to go towards the classroom. At least, that's where he was when he last saw him. I figured Rin would have been out of the classroom by then, so I hopped in through the window again.

"Where's Rin?" I asked, and everyone's heads turned toward me. "Michiko! He went to the portal!" Shiemi cried out, tears in her eyes. "He WHAT?!" I yelled I shock. 'How did I not see him? Was he hiding? In disguise? Damn it!' My brain was racking up different ideas of what he was doing as I then sprinted back toward the portal. I scanned the area, looking for any sign of him. I saw nothing.

I had to climb up the stairs again, which stalled me, so I hopped on the walls from time to time to get a boost. When I reached the top, I saw Rin ready to jump in. "NO!" I screamed as I ran forward and shoved him away from the portal. Rin fell backwards on to the ground in surprise. "Michiko! I thought you were still down there!" Rin exclaimed while grabbing my arms and shaking me. "I went looking for you! I have a plan to stop this! Yukio is already willing to do it, so now I just have to tell you," I explained.

Rin nodded and let me talk. It was hard to speak quietly, but luckily I don't think the exorcists were listening. Rin didn't take much convincing, though. I think after the first sentence he was already willing to go through with it. So now, I could fulfill the plan to its duty.

After explaining the entire thing to Rin, we ran off to get Yukio. He finished killing demons that were trying to hurt him and sprinted off towards the portal. I was silently hoping this plan wouldn't fail us now. When we got to the top, where the opening was held, we froze. Something wasn't right.

There was a person, surrounded entirely in blue flames. His form was growing larger, and you could see his eyes were as bright as his flames. When he grinned, his teeth were sharper than Rin's blade. I froze in fear and my eyes widened.

"Dad..?"