Chapter 9 Getting out of Invisible City

-Rin's POV-

It pained me to see Michiko going through that pain. When she went through the transformation, I instantly called Yukio. He calmed me down and I sat beside Michiko. I told her to get some rest, and that we could figure out what to do in the morning.

When I woke up, I didn't look over at Michiko. I was too groggy to try to arouse her. I walked downstairs to the restrooms, dragging my feet as I went. My entire night was filled with nightmares. Kuro was down there, and I wasn't sure if he was waiting for me or Michiko. I wanted to tell him Michiko was still asleep, but decided not to. He would figure it out sooner or later.

As I got dressed and freshened myself up, I went back up to my room. Only a few of the teachers were back, so we had some classes for the day. I entered my room whistling to grab my things and was about to head out when Kuro jumped in front of me angrily.

"What the hell? Kuro, let me through," I said angrily. I didn't want to be bugged this morning. It was way too early. "You can't go, Rin!" Kuro exclaimed. I got confused. "Why, I've got class Kuro," I muttered angrily. Kuro was bugging me. I don't know why he was acting like this.

"BECAUSE MICHIKO IS INVISIBLE! Only I can see her!" Kuro growled at me. "She's not invisible, Kuro, she's right in-" I gestured to the bed and looked over at it.

Michiko wasn't there.

My eyes widened as I almost fell backward. 'Why isn't she there? Is she really invisible?' I wondered. "Rin, we need Yukio for this, maybe he can help," Kuro said. "Call him!" I nodded and fumbled for my phone and began dialing his number.

The phone was ringing as Kuro hopped up onto what was most likely Michiko's shoulder. Or where it should have been. I looked at the supposed spot she was at with fright. Finally, Yukio picked up.

"Rin? What do you need?" Yukio said on the other line. "Yukio, we need your help," I said quickly. "Rin, I'm gone on a-" I cut him off by shouting. "MICHIKO'S INVISIBLE YOU DIMWIT! We need help!" I shouted at him. Yukio went quiet on the other line. "I'm on my way," He finally said then hung up.

I looked over at Kuro. "Yukio is on his way," I told him and he nodded. I hope Michiko wasn't scared. "Michiko, don't be worried, we will get you out of this. I promise," I explained, trying to not freak out. "She says I know, Rin," Kuro tells me and I nod. "I need to get to class, you just stay here with Kuro. If you need something to eat, go to the kitchen, okay?" I explained.

"Michiko says okay," Kuro says and I nod then walk off. I rushed to class then sat down in front of our substitute teacher. Shiemi looked at me with alarm. "Rin, is everything okay?" She asked, looking at me with curiosity. "Yeah, yeah, everything's fine, Shiemi. Don't worry," I said with a smile. Shiemi smiled back and we turned our attention back to class.

'Please be safe, Michiko,' I thought to myself.

...

After class ended, I walked quickly back to the dormitory. I burst through the doors where I heard some people talking in the kitchen. I ran to the kitchen to see Yukio, Michiko, who wasn't invisible anymore, and Kuro talking when they all stopped and looked at me.

"MICHIKO!" I yelled and runned over to her. "R-Rin, wait!" She said and held her hands out. "You can't touch me!" I stopped and looked at her in confusion. "The treatment I gave her is still in effect," Yukio explained and I looked at him. "It was a demon's work, an easy and simple effect to wear off."

I nodded and sat beside him. Michiko was carefully petting Kuro as she looked at us. "How long will it take for this effect to wear off?" She asked. "At least another hour, and you'll be back to normal. But keep the hat and glasses. They will be essentials to your life to hide the transformations," Yukio told her and she nodded.

"Michiko, you have no idea how worried I was about you," I told her and she smiled. "I could tell you were, silly. You kept talking in your head on accident, so I knew," Michiko stated and I laughed. We all sat in silence after that. I wanted to say something but didn't know what. We were all alarmed at what happened.

Michiko then yawned slightly. "I think I'm going to go to bed. Maybe the effects will be over by morning," Michiko said then got up with Kuro standing and stretching as well. "Okay, we'll be by in the morning. Good night, Michiko," Yukio said with a smile.

She smiled back. "Good night, Yukio. Good night, Rin," As she said that, Michiko looked at me and smiled. I smiled back, resisting the urge to hug her. "Night, Michiko," I said. Michiko walked off with Kuro and I groaned and set my head on the table. Yukio looked at me.

"Rin, I don't think that transformation was from a demon," He told me and I looked over at him. "How the hell do we know what it was?" I asked. "We don't, we have to figure out what did that to her without her knowing. We can't perform tests on her, because it could harm her, and possibly kill her," Yukio explained and I sighed.

"Do you think it has to do with her being in Gehenna for so long?" I questioned. Yukio got a concentrated look on his face as he thought about what I said for a minute. Due to her basically growing up in Gehenna, she could have different effects than Yukio and I. Michiko also has more control over her flames and over demons.

"It could be that, but we'll have to think of this more tomorrow," Yukio said as he stood up. I nodded then stood up and stretched. We walked back to the our dorm. I slowed down and looked at Michiko's dorm. I smiled a bit then walked into our dorm to fall asleep.

As I got changed and crawled in to bed. I closed my eyes and sighed. Tomorrow was going to be a very long day.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Holy cheesenuggets! I can't believe so many people have read this story!! Thank you all so much!!! Cx I'm planning to write more, so if you have any suggestions, you can comment what you might like and I will do my best to write something. Bye bye for now!