Chapter 4 Starting School

-- Michiko's POV --

I awoke to the sound of something pawing at the door. 'What the hell is that?' I thought. I got up sleepily and looked at the time. 6:30 A.M. "Okay!" I exclaimed as I stormed over to the door. "Who woke me up at 6:30 in the damn morn-" I stopped yelling when I opened the door to see Yukio, my new older brother which I found out about only just yesterday, standing there holding an outfit. He was wearing a long black coat and glasses, which I figured were his-wait what where they called? Oh yeah, exorcist clothes.
"Hey, Yukio. Sorry for yelling. Just tired." I muttered and rubbed my eyes. "Don't worry about it, Michiko. Here's your school outfit. I've assigned Rin to help you out for the day since I have to teach." He explained, handing me the outfit. "Cram school starts in an hour and a half. Be ready." I watched him walk off back to his room. I was about to shut my door when I heard a voice. "Hey!"
I jumped in alarm and opened my door again. A cat (a demon cat, actually) was sitting at my door. "Hey there, little guy. What can I help you with?" I crouched down to the cat's level. "Who are you?" The cat asked me telepathically. Since I'm a daughter of Satan, communicating with demons comes naturally to me. "I'm Michiko, and you are?" I told him. "My name's Kuro, and I stay with Rin and Yukio." He told me. "You need to get ready for class!"
Kuro strolled into my room as I shut the door. I began to get changed as Kuro hopped onto my bed and waited for me to finish. When I pulled the tie on, I looked at Kuro. "Do you know where I can find a brush or something?" I asked him. "A brush... Uh..." Kuro looked at his paws. "Hey, it's okay. I like my hair messy anyway." I smiled and sat down beside him and began petting him gently.
I glanced over at the time. 7:00 A.M. Another thirty minutes to myself. What was I gonna do? I didn't know anyone except my brothers, Shiemi, and Kuro. "I'm gonna go look around the school area a bit more. I found a key in this outfit and I wanna see what it does. You can head back to Rin." I told Kuro and got up, heading towards the door. "Okay. Bye, Michiko!" Kuro called as he ran back to Rin's dorm. I watched him run before shutting my door and heading out.
I exited the dormitory and took a deep breath. The air here felt so... CLEAN. It was almost unnatural. Well, true, I did literally grow up in a hellhole, so it could take a while for me to get used to this. I began walking around the area. Wow, was it HUGE! There was a regular high school, which was humongous as it is. Then there was a cram school somewhere underneath this place. Finally, there were thousands of other shops to buy merchandise. I explored the area, my tail wagging with delight. Did I mention I have a tail? I don't think I did. Well, now you know that I have one.
"Michiko!" I turned around to see who called my name. Rin was sprinting towards me, flailing his arms. "Rin, what's wr-WAHHH!" I was barely able to get my sentence out before Rin grabbed me and tackled me. "Don't run off like that! Yukio told me to keep an eye on you and that's what I'm doing!" I shoved him off of me and got up. "I don't need to be babysat, but I could use a tour guide." I told him. I grabbed the key I had and gave it a good look. "Rin, what is this for?" I asked.
"Oh, that? It's the infinity key. It can get you anywhere in the world and unlock any door. It's used all around True Cross Academy." He explained. The key itself was a goldish brassy color. "Oh," I said quietly. "Wait, Rin, we need to get to class!" Rin jumped in alarm and grabbed his, what do you call them? Cellphones! He grabbed his cellphone out of his pocket and checked the time. "Fifteen minutes until class. We've got time."
"Why don't we get there early, impress Yukio?" I asked. "I'll race ya!" Rin grinned. "I'm in!" I nodded and took a running stance. "On your marks-get set-GO!!" I yelled and took off sprinting with Rin hot on my trail. I had done enough exploring to know where the cram school was, and I also got to see a map last night of True Cross Academy. I learned my way around pretty quick.
Rin huffed and puffed behind me while I kept my breaths steady. I picked up the pace and got ahead of him by a few feet. When I finally made it to the door, Rin practically had to drag himself after me. "How, in the, world, are you, so fast?" He managed to get out in between breaths. "I have skills. I'll teach you sometime." I put my key into the lock of the door and turned it. A click told me I had successfully unlocked the door.
I pushed open the door and stepped in. The room was green, black, and red, and was patterned on the floor and ceiling. It was tall, and there were doors down a long corridor right in front of me. "What door do we go to first?" Rin walked ahead of me and I followed him. I slowed my pace a bit to look around in awe. I'd never seen anything like this before. It was so, what's the word I'm looking for? Elegant. Fancy. Okay, that's two words, but whatever.
Rin opened a door and stepped inside. "Hey, Yukio! We're here for class!" Rin smiled and went to his seat. Yukio looked at Rin then at me. "You're here early. Way earlier than usual." I looked around the classroom. "This is what a classroom looks like, eh? Not as fancy as I pictured it." I whispered to myself. "Michiko, you can sit right up front. That way I can help you if you struggle." Yukio said.
"What are we learning?" I asked. Yukio looked at his book, his glasses falling down his nose a little. I pushed them back up with one finger. "Thank you. Today we'll be learning the steps on how to tame a demon." I smiled and jumped up and down. "I won't need help on this at all!" Yukio laughed and handed me a book as I sat on the edge of Rin's desk and opened to the page he was on.

...

Class began, and I felt awkward. I basically knew all the answers to what Yukio asked about demon taming steps. Everyone looked at me with shock. One of the guy's there, Suguro (which Rin later explained who he was), thought I was cheating. I clearly told him I wasn't but Yukio stopped us. I smirked at him and he just growled.
When the next class came around, it was physical education. I didn't have any specific clothes to wear, but I ran anyway. The teacher, Mr. Tsubaki, or "Ol' Sideburns", let it slide for the day but told me I needed to get some. I found an old ponytail in the locker room and pulled my hair back. We started by jogging around the area with chained Reapers in cages. 'Poor Reapers,' I thought to myself. 'Must suck to be chained up.'
We finished our jogging and I was the only one not out of breath. "How in hell are you not sweaty?" Suguro asked angrily. I just shrugged and looked at Mr. Tsubaki for what to do next. "Alright, students, listen up!" He called out. Everyone turned to him after catching their breath.
"In Mr. Okumura's class, you learned about taming demons. Now is where you'll be put to the test. I am going to let the Reapers out of their cages but keep them on the chains. You must try to tame the demons. Three people will go down at a time, since only three Reapers will be released. Whoever tames a Reaper first gets to watch the others try to tame one. Understood?" Everyone nodded.
"Alright, first three: Suguro, Izumo, and Shima. Second three: Rin, Konekomaru, and Shiemi. Michiko, you can go last." He explained. I nodded. I sat back against the wall beside Rin and Shiemi. Suguro, Izumo, and Shima slid down the side of the wall as three Reapers were released. They began following the steps, but Shima messed up and almost got swallowed by one. I had to resist the urge not to laugh.
Suguro failed on his third step, which was the easiest. Then Izumo did the same. When they all came back up, Rin, Shiemi, and Konekomaru got up and slid down to the demons. I watched them, waiting impatiently for my turn. I wanted to interact with demons, and speak to them again. It would feel a bit normal.
Konekomaru almost had it until he failed on the last step by getting afraid. Shiemi panicked and ran off before she could do anything. Rin, while looking the demon in the eye, halfway got it tamed before it pounced on him. 'How hard is it to tame one of these things?' I wondered.
I got up and slid down the side of the wall. Mr. Tsubaki began to drag the other Reapers away. "Wait!" I called out. "Leave all three of them out." I ordered. Mr. Tsubaki and the other students gasped. He let all three of them go and they surrounded me. I looked at each one of them and took a deep breath. "You guys have sure gone through a lot, huh? Don't worry, I have too." I told them. They looked at me, waiting for me to tremble in fear.
I walked over to one and held out my hand. It paused, confused, then put it's head up to my hand. I pat it's head before doing the same to the other two. "See? I'm your friend. No torture at all, right?" One of them croaked and I laughed a bit. I began doing the ordered steps by teaching them tricks and much more. I then heard a cellphone ring and Mr. Tsubaki yelling something about kittens then running off. I rolled my eyes and went back to the Reapers.
"Hey!" I heard someone shout from above. I looked up to see Suguro sliding down the side of the wall. "How did you do it?" He asked. "Do what?" I questioned turning to him. "Train them so easily!" He shouted. "I just did. Simple, nuthead." I told him. He snarled at me and I just laughed. Suddenly he charged at me screaming. "Suguro!" I heard Rin scream. Before he could hit me, a Reaper jumped in front of me shoving him back.
"What the-?!" He didn't get to finish his sentence since the Reaper then jumped on top of him, squeezing the air out of him. "Reaper!" I shouted. It stopped and looked back at me. "Heel." I ordered. It got off of Suguro and walked back behind me. "That's what you get for messing with me." I told Suguro, who sat on the ground with wide eyes.

Blue Exorcist: 'Little Sister?'On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara