Chapter 8 Transformation -Part 2-

-Michiko's POV-

After a long night of sleep, I awoke to the sound of snoring. I was finally able to move again, so I wiggled my fingers to make sure I could. I struggled to open my eyes but eventually the were open. I blinked at the bright lights and tried not to squint.

Kuro had curled up beside me. I looked over at him and smiled, reaching a hand over to pet him before sitting up. I was in my room, but Rin had spent the night. Maybe it was because he was worried about me. Who knew?

I grabbed Rin's phone off the desk and check the time. 6:30 A.M. 'Man, how did I wake up this early?' I thought. I set his phone down gently so I didn't wake him up. I then got out of bed and grabbed my clothes. I decided I would come back up when I was finished getting changed.

I opened the door and left the room then silently shut the door. As I walked down the stairs to the bathroom, I looked at one of my hands. Sure enough, as Rin had said, my fingernails had begun to turn into claws. 'Why in the world is this happening?' I thought.

As I got to the bathroom, I heard soft footsteps behind me. I turned to find Kuro hopping down the steps after me. "Kuro, I thought you were asleep," I said as he hopped onto the counter and looked at me. "I seen you were gone, so I came through the windows," Kuro stated and smiled. I smiled back and pat his head.

I then turned to the stalls and went to get changed. Kuro sat on the counter and patiently waited. As I got changed, I then exited and looked at the mirror. Also as Rin had told me, I had small black horns on my head. Kuro had seen them as well and was looking at them with curiosity. "How in the world an I going to cover this up?" I mumbled to myself.

"Oh! I know!" Kuro exclaimed as he leaped off the counter and took off. I watched him go for a minute, not sure if I should follow him. I then turned back to the mirror. My eyes had also changed. I leaned closer to see my eyes were yellow with a slanted pupil. Due to surprise, I gasped and fell back.

'My eyes are usually blue...' I thought. A few minutes later, Kuro came rushing back with a hat and glasses. "The hat is a great idea, Kuro, but what are the glasses for?" He hopped up on the counter and dropped the items. "The glasses will help with your eyes," Kuro explained. I shrugged and put on the hat. It wasn't anything fancy, just a regular old black beanie. I then picked up the glasses and put them on.

At first, nothing happened. Then I saw my eyes turn back to their original bright blue color. I smiled and sighed with relief. "You are one smart cat, Kuro," I told him. He grinned at me.

I then heard footsteps. Kuro and I both turned to see a sleepy Rin walk down the stairs to the restrooms. I waved to him but he completely regarded me. 'Okay then,' I said. I then walked back up the stairs to my room with Kuro trailing along with me. I liked having Kuro around, he was a good little cat, and besides, I didn't have many friends.

As we reached my room, I opened the door and allowed Kuro to go inside first. After he got inside I stepped in and shut the door. There was a note on my desk. It was for me. I opened it and read what was inside.

'Dear Michiko,

Hey, Michiko! This is Yukio. I heard about what happened, and I'm sorry I can't be there to help. This mission is longer than expected. I wish for a safe recovery.

Signed,
Yukio Okumura'

I smiled at the thought of having brothers that cared about me. It was nice, you know? To know I wasn't alone. That I had a home, finally, a good home. I put the note in the pocket of my shirt. I turned to Kuro as Rin came back in the room. "Hey, thanks for completely disregarding me this morning," I growled and tried shoving him playfully, but something strange happened.

My hand went STRAIGHT THROUGH HIM.

I gasped and stumbled back. Kuro looked at me in surprise. I looked at my hand then at Rin. Why could he not see me? As Rin turned to the door, Kuro stood in front of the door angrily and growled. "What the hell? Kuro, let me through," Rin said. Kuro kept his stance and glared at Rin.

"Kuro, what are you doing?" I asked. "You can't go, Rin!" Kuro exclaimed. "Why? I've got class, Kuro," Rin muttered angrily, clearly trying not to lose his temper. "BECAUSE MICHIKO IS INVISIBLE! Only I can see her!" Kuro shouted. Rin looked confused. "She's not invisible, Kuro, she's right in-" Rin paused and looked at the bed to see I wasn't in the bed.

Rin was startled. I got up as Kuro walked over to me. He gestured to the spot I was at and Rin looked at it. I looked at Rin. "We need Yukio for this," I said and Kuro nodded. "Rin, we need to get Yukio! Maybe he can help," Kuro said. "Call him!"

Rin nodded and pulled out his cellphone and began dialing. I pulled his note out of my pocket and looked at it. "Will Yukio be able to solve it?" I asked Kuro as he leaped onto my shoulder. "I don't know," Kuro said as Rin looked at Kuro to see him sitting on something most likely invisible object.

"Yukio, we need your help," Rin explained. I began hearing Yukio say he was gone but Rin cut him off. "MICHIKO'S INVISIBLE YOU DIMWIT! We need help!" Rin argued. I heard the other line go quiet then Yukio spoke and Rin hung up. "Yukio is on his way," Rin said. I nodded and Kuro nodded as well.

"We'll be able to solve this, don't worry, Michiko," Kuro told me. I smiled a bit at his words. "Thanks for the assuring, Kuro," I told him and he rubbed his cheek against mine.

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hello! I hope you guys are enjoying the story, I don't know exactly how long it will go on for, but I will be continuing this one until the end. If you have any ideas for a story, you can suggest in the comments or private message. Also, a shoutout to duggan2020 and RainingVanilla for helping me out!