Chapter 6 Learning the ways of the exorcist

--Rin's POV--

I think Michiko is actually a pretty good sister.

True, I've never had a little sister before or any sister at all. But I knew how to take care of siblings due to Yukio. I think I was a pretty good older brother.

"MICHIKO! WAKE UP!" I yelled through her door. I heard her groan through the door as she walked up to the door and opened it, glaring at me. "You don't have to yell at me!" She said then slammed her door. "Mich you gotta get ready for class!" I said, but she didn't seem to want to respond.

I backed away from her door and waited for her to get ready. Michiko took a bit, but she finally came out. Her hair was pinned up and she was in her outfit for class. "Since when do you pin your hair up?" I asked. "Since today. Deal with it," Michiko said with a grunt then started walking beside me to class.

After we made it to our class, Michiko made her way to the back of the room and sat down. She began opening her book and reading over it, page by page. "Mich, really? You're reading the book? We're gonna be learning about everything in there," I told her. She ignored me. 'Fine then, ignore me.' I thought to myself. I looked forward as Shiemi walked in and sat beside me.

"Hello, Rin!" She said with a smile. "Hey, Shiemi," I said, smiling with a bit of a blush. "Hi, Michiko-San!" Shiemi said and waved back at Michiko. Michiko looked up at Shiemi and waved then turned her attention back to her book. "She seems intent on reading that book," Shiemi stated. "Clearly," I muttered as Yukio walked in. "Hello, everyone," He greeted. "I hope you're all prepared for today."

I heard Michiko shut her book and look up. I was actually pretty impressed with how she was acting. Seems like she wanted to be an exorcist. "Have you all studied for the test today?" Yukio asked. The entire class nodded except me. Did Yukio just say TEST?

Shit. I'm so screwed.

No wonder Michiko wouldn't let me bug her! She must've been studying! Gah! Why did I not study beforehand? "I will now pass out the test. You have 45 minutes to complete the test. When the first test is passed out, you are to remain silent while everyone is testing," Yukio stated as he walked around handing out the tests. When I got mine, I stared dumbfounded at it. I didn't know any of this!

'Are you okay, Rin?' I heard someone ask. I looked around. 'Rin, you dummy I'm talking in your head. It's me, Michiko.' I heard her say. I didn't know how to respond so I just spoke in my head. 'How the hell do you do that?!' I asked. 'It's easy to do. I've always been able to do it, just never really used except for when... Never mind. Do you need help on the test?' She asked.

'NO!' I shouted. 'I can do the test just fine.' Michiko laughed in my head. 'Alright, suit yourself, but if you fail don't come crawling to me when you need help,' I heard her say as she went silent. I went back to my test and looked at it. I didn't know this crap! Well, true I could've studied it but I didn't. Guessing time! Wait.

'Okay, Michiko!' I said with a groan in my head. 'Help me please!' I could imagine her grinning as she spoke. 'Aww, but I thought you could "handle it"?' She said mockingly. 'Yeah, yeah, just help me.' I told her, getting kinda annoyed. 'Alright, I'll just tell you the answers.' Michiko said. 'The REAL answers?' I asked. 'You might want to get at least one or two wrong so it's believable.' She told me and I sighed.

'Alright, so this one is A, the next one is B...' Michiko kept saying answers, which I think some were wrong, and I copied them down one by one. 'Done!' I told her. 'Good, now we wait for the 45 minutes to end. We've got 15 minutes left, so it shouldn't be long. It looks like everyone is finishing pretty quickly.' Michiko told me.

...

After the 15 minutes passed, Yukio collected our tests and we began chatting silently. "So, Rin, how do you think you did on the test?" Suguro asked. "I don't know, but I feel like I did pretty good!" I said with a grin. I could feel Michiko's laughter in my head. "Sure, Rin, you probably cheated off of Shiemi," Michiko said, walking over to where I was and sat on the side of the desk.

Shima seemed to gawk at Michiko when she sat down. I growled and stood up in front of her. "OOH! PIGGYBACK RIDE!" She squealed as she jumped on my back. "Oi! I didn't ask for this!" I said. Michiko giggled and held on. "Fine, I'll carry you back to the dormitory after class," I said and smiled. "Yay! Thanks Rin!" Michiko exclaimed as she smiled back at me.

"Michiko-San?" Shiemi said. Michiko looked back at Shiemi. "Hey, Shiemi. What's up?" She asked as Shiemi looked quite alarmed. "Um, Michiko-San, your tail is on fire..." Shiemi said slowly and pointed to her tail. We all looked at her tail to see the end was lit with blue flames. "Oops," Michiko said and the fire went out. "My bad!"

"Alright, class, please return to your seats," Yukio said and we all walked back to our seats. Michiko luckily let go and sat back down. "I will hand out the tests back to the students. Please remain quiet until I tell you you can speak," Yukio stated and we all nodded.

I tapped my foot on the ground impatiently. Please tell me Michiko didn't make me fail, PLEASE! I looked back at my little sister. She looked back at me and gave a thumbs up. I smiled and looked forward as my test was dropped in front of me. Yukio whispered to me and said "I'm surprised, Rin. You did excellent."

My eyes widened as I picked up my test. A B+! Yes! I passed the test! I grinned happily and held onto the test. Shiemi giggled softly as we both looked back at Michiko. Yukio handed her her test and said something softly with a smile. Michiko smiled back then picked up her test. She mouthed the word 'Yes' and clenched her fist in triumph.

I raised an eyebrow and looked forward again as Yukio began writing the highest score on the board. "We had only one student with the highest score today. You all did very well, and some of you I'm quite surprised. You took your time and studied, which I think is excellent," Yukio said and began writing a name beside the highest score. The name spelled out 'Michiko'.

"Today, our highest scoring student was Michiko Okumura," Yukio said. Everyone looked back at her and congratulated her. She grinned and thanked them then congratulated them back. "Alright, that's all for today. Have a great weekend!" Yukio said and we all grabbed out stuff and began heading out.

As I got to the door I felt someone jump on my back. "Oi!" I shouted and looked back to see Michiko. "Oh, it's you," I said and held onto her as we walked back to the dorms. "I got the highest score, Rin! Did you see that?!" Michiko exclaimed and shook my shoulders a bit. "Yeah, I did. Good job, Michiko, and thanks for your help!" I told her with a grin.

"What did you get, about a B?" She asked. "A B+," I responded. "That's great, coming from you," Michiko said and giggled. "Whatever!" I told her as we both began laughing. I hope Michiko stays with us for a while, because she's a good sister. If anyone tries to hurt Michiko, Yukio and I have her back. I'm not afraid to hurt anyone to save her.

"Michiko?" I said. "Hm?" I heard her grumble, letting me know I was listening. "How long are you planning on staying here?" I asked. I was kind of scared to ask that, I didn't want her leaving. "I don't know," She replied. "As long as I can stay." I smiled at her reply and walked up to the dormitory.

I opened the door as she still clung onto my back. I walked up the steps, running out of breath. "Rin, I can get off of you want me to," Michiko said. "No, no, I can do this!" I said, determined not to fail my little sister. "Rin, don't wear yourself out, you dummy!" Michiko said. "No, Michiko, I can do this! I am carrying you to your dorm and that's the way it's going to be!" I exclaimed. I reached the final stairwell and climbed up the steps.

I took her to her dorm as she hopped off my back and looked at me. "Rin, what the hell was that? It seemed like you were determined to do something," Michiko questioned. "I didn't wanna let you down," I mumbled and looked away. "Good gosh, you dumbo, how would you let me down like that?" Michiko said and rolled her eyes. "Oh, shut up!" I said and shoved her playfully. Michiko laughed.

"Well, good night, Michiko," I said and began to walk off. "Wait!" I heard her call out. I looked back to see Michiko hug me tightly. "H-Hey, what's this for?" I asked, kinda surprised. "This is for being a good brother," I heard her mumble. I smiled and hugged her back. We sat there for a few minutes then let go.

"If you tell ANYONE I did that, I'm going to rip your tail off," Michiko told me with a smile. "I don't make any promises," I remarked. She turned around and walked back to her room as I did the same. I'm glad I got to hug my sister. But, tomorrow is the weekend, so I can torture her with hugs then.