Chapter 10 Let The Traveling Begin

-Michiko's POV-

I had to leave. I had to run.

But where?

After I had said good night to my brothers, I went to my room and started shoving one pair of clothes into a bag. I kept the ones I had on, and put another pair in a bag and prepared to sneak out. I had sent Kuro to Rin and Yukio's room so I could get ready. I have a perfectly good explanation of why I'm doing this.

First off, after I was back to my normal state, and not invisible anymore, I felt like something was going to happen. What is it called, a gut feeling? Yeah, that's it. A gut feeling that I was going to change. I didn't know what I was changing to, but I had to get out of here just in case.

I looked around for my infinity key, the one they gave me on my first day, and jammed it into my bag. I finally closed my bag and opened my door silently. I peered out to make sure no one was out, then silently shut it and tiptoed down the halls and steps to the first floor.

When I got out the front doors, I began sprinting to the forest. I kept a steady pace, and made sure my breathing was level all the while so I wouldn't run out of breath. I didn't dare light my tail on fire to see because my damned glowing eyes allowed me to see in the dark. I finally got far enough away from the school to where it was still near and I didn't go out of the barrier but no one would find me.

As soon as I got there, my stomach began lurching. I grit my teeth to keep from yelling and crouched down on the balls of my feet. I took slow breaths and dropped my bag down in front of a tree. I crawled to an open area a few feet away from my bag and sat down. The pain kept getting worse and I looked at my hands.

The nails that were barely sharp had grown into full fledged claws. I held back a scream as I watched myself light on fire. I tried getting up but fell down again. 'What the hell? What is happening to me?!' I thought as my eyes widened. I felt on my head and felt that the horns were sharper and longer.

I fell on my back and laid there for a while. I could feel my teeth getting sharper and tears form in my eyes. The pain was excruciating. I didn't know if I was going to make it. I felt something on my back start hurting and I yelled in pain.

I flipped over on to my stomach and took long sharp breaths. 'Damn, this HURTS!' I yelled in my head. I felt on my back. There were wings. 'Wings. I. Have. WINGS.' I thought. I moved them slightly to try to get me up but when I tried they didn't cooperate and just made me yell again.

I fell on my back again and looked at the sky as a tear rolled down my face. I screamed in pain before the entire world went black.

...

When I came around, it was day time, but I had no idea what time it was. I looked around. The ground around me was slightly burnt. " What the..." I said aloud as I sat up. My clothes were torn and my body ached. I got up slowly to make sure nothing was injured. Nothing appeared to be.

I saw my bag still in the same place, completely untouched. I walked over and grabbed it. I quickly pulled the clothes out and got changed. After I had done that, I walked around to see if there was any major damage done. There was only a few claw marks in the trees and some burnt spots from what was possibly my flames.

I ran back over to my bag and jammed my torn clothes into the bag. I then ran out of the forest, making sure no one noticed me as I made it back to the dormitory. Rin and Yukio were either at class or at the dorms. I opened the dorm doors and walked inside, shutting the door behind me.

I darted up the stairs to my dorm. The door was shut, but there was a note on it. I picked up the note and read it aloud.

"Michiko, we figured you needed some rest after what happened, so we let you sleep. Feel free to come to lunch! -Rin." As I said Rin's name, I felt a cry crawl into my throat. I began to sob as I opened my door and slammed it shut, throwing my bag on the ground.

I walked over to my bed and fell on to it and buried my face in my pillow to make sure no one heard my cries. I was maybe crying for 10 minutes or more until I heard a rapid knock. I sat up and wiped my eyes and face then walked over to the door.

I slowly opened it to see Rin standing there. "Michiko, you're awake!" He said with a smile. I stood there and looked at him then looked back at the note he'd left me. "I was wondering if you'd wanted to come to-" He was cut off when I began sobbing again.

He stood there for a minute but before I fell to my knees he caught me and hugged me. I held onto him as I sobbed into his shirt. "Hey, why are you crying?" Rin asked. I knew he was worried, because I could tell from the way his voice was. It was soft and quiet, not daring to go above a shout.

As I tried to speak, I just heaved out another sob and didn't stop as Rin hugged me tighter. I know this might sound like what's in your romantic stories, or your chick flicks, but he was just being a brother. I respected that.

After a while, I stopped crying and looked at him. Rin looked back at me. "Please, explain to me what's wrong," He pleaded. I nodded and began explaining what had happened last night. Rin listened to my every word but I could tell his main facial expression was surprise and shock. When I finished my story, I took a deep shaky breath and looked at him.

Rin nodded then grabbed my arm and started walking. "Where are we going?" I asked. Rin ignored my question as he gripped my arm a little tighter to assure me it was okay. I sighed and walked along with him as Rin slowly loosened his grip on my arm.

After a while of walking we came to Yukio's class room. It was then I realized what Rin was doing. "Rin, wait!" I told him as I stumbled backwards. He stopped to look back at me. "Michiko, we have to tell Yukio about this! Maybe he can help," Rin explained as he reached out to me.

I backed away before he could grab me. "I don't think ANYONE can help, Rin," I said softly as I looked at him with a fear that I couldn't explain. Rin took a step back then turned and stormed into Yukio's class room. I darted after him and tried to stop him but he wouldn't budge.

"Rin, is everything alright? And Michiko, I'm glad you've recovered," Yukio said and smiled at me. I tried to smile back but it didn't come out right. "Right now I'd say recovering for her is a load of crap," Rin said loudly. I backed away a bit. Rin was ticked off.

"What do you mean?" Yukio asked. Rin began explaining what happened to me and Yukio was curious. I sat and listened. I couldn't stop Rin, it was a little late for that. But I don't think anyone could help me.

"Michiko," Yukio said and I looked at him questioningly and hopefully. "I know these changes."

I tilted my head to the side a bit in confusion.

"They are from you coming from Gehenna and being in the Assiah for too long. You could go full demon on us whenever, but luckily you have certain symptoms that will tell us when they could happen. It's either that, or you'll just burst, and be unstoppable," Yukio explained. I stood in disbelief.

"Wait," Rin said. Yukio looked at him. "If she becomes unstoppable does that mean we'd have to... Execute her?" Rin asked quietly. I could tell he wanted to refuse to believe it. I wanted to do the same. Yukio looked at me with sadness in his eyes then back at Rin. "If she goes out of control, and we can't stop her, then we will have to."

It was then that everything went dark as I fell to the floor, passing out.